Monday, August 27, 2007

At least my home smells minty fresh

Happy Monday! What are you up to? Would you like to know what Flybaby is up to (bright smile, eyebrows up)?

Already this morning, Flybaby has:

  • Sifted through the litter in the cat box

  • Turned over a lidless sippy cup, spilling formula on the table, table legs and floor

  • Discovered that the wall corner protectors placed by our home's previous owners can come off the walls -- sharp end of the screws sticking out

  • Pulled up the loose threshholds on the floor

  • Rearranged the (previously) floor-length scarf draped over sconces in the living room

  • Foraged for a snack of forgotten cat food and wild bird seed in the floor track of the pantry's bifold door

  • Knocked over two stacks of CDs

  • Took a bite out of his bath sponge that I had to pull out of his mouth

  • Refused to play with toys in favor of opening and shutting the bedroom door repeatedly


...and this was while I was watching him!

Last week, Fly hid a bottle of mustard in his room.

And while I was only feet away from him trying to put two handfuls of clothes in the dryer, he got the mouthwash out of the bathroom cabinet, unscrewed the "childproof" lid and glug-glugged a pool of green stuff around him on the floor. Which meant changing his outfit and cleaning the floor.

Fun times! (Can anyone say, "Let's install even more cabinet door locks?")

Let toddlerhood begin!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Blogger With His Grace said...

Think of it this way your bathroom floor is sanitized now!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was already thinking "sounds like a toddler," and then I read your last line. Your fun is only just beginning! :)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice to know there is another mother out there who's kid can trash the house while being supervised... I'm still not sure how The Terrorist pulls it off!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Brandie said...

ROFL! Sounds like you are going to have a fun couple of years coming your way.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

OH my! He's in that fun curious stage :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Oh my! I'm already exhausted after reading and visualizing all of that! Have ya got your running shoes on AND adjusted the eyes on the back of your head??! Hehehe! And to think, it's ONLY Monday!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Yes...they sure can "discover" a lot of things you don't want them to discover, huh? And all while you're watching them!! Seriously...I think they have sneakiness down to a 'T'!!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

It sounds like you need to change flybaby's name to flytoddler.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! And I remember the day when I said, "I have a toddler." It was one of those days where I felt like a stockboy at Target b/c she had been pulling so much stuff off the shelves. *sigh*

5:50 PM  
Blogger Jen(n) said...

Wow... sounds like you stay pretty busy. I was looking forward to when my son was out of this infant stage and sleeping more...but now I think I might be just as worn out when he gets mobile!!!
It's a good thing little kids are so exteremly adorable!

6:46 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Meanwhile at the house of joy, I had to go to daycare FOUR TIMES with extra clothes. FOUR TIMES!!!

WTF?!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Busy little creatures, aren't they?

And to think ... we were so eager to see them become mobile.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Yep, I was just going to say "And so it begins"! But you beat me to it! Toys? Who cares about those, there are other things too play with!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Oh, this made me laugh and laugh, because it makes me realize that I am not alone. Are they teenagers yet? No? Are you sure? ;)

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment eh?

9:59 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Good times!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Now that's funny, LOL!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Keeping It Real said...

I fondly remember days like that. But I'm glad they're far behind me. Ok I still have them, just with slightly older sponge eaters.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

It is funny how such little people can move so quickly and be so destructive.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your hands full!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm cat food and bath sponges, the cornerstone of every toddler meal

2:12 PM  
Blogger Qtpies7 said...

LOL My Sam grabbed a bottle of Nyquil with a child proof cap, popped it right off and tried to drink it and spilled green all over my cream couch. I can't get the cap off very easily, how did he do it?
Oh, and he LOVES the cat litter and poop and the cat food is a frequent snack.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home