Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday

What I'd wear today if I could: this belted jean jacket from a catalog called La Redoute. I guess. But it's not that simple.

First, at the mall last week, I passed a manequin at Macy's wearing an amazing belted jean jacket. It was in the Style & Co. section. It's still 97 degrees outside, but a person can look forward to cool weather, I figured. But could I find that jean jacket anywhere on the racks? No. And I couldn't find a salesperson nearby to ask.

So I looked up the jacket on the macys.com site. No luck.

Then, I found this jacket on La Redoute. It's not the same as the jacket I fell in love with -- this really looks more like a shirt. I prefer the Style & Co. jacket, but I don't have a picture to show you. (Guess I need to start taking my camera to the mall now.)

But anyway, I like the look. I can't wait for fall. I'm ready for 97-degree-days to be over!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Love this, and love the color. I'm ready for fall too. We finally got central air this year, but I'm ready to shut it off!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

That is very cute. I bet it looks really good on. It looks like something that would make someone look thinner.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I'm with ya! The 97-degree days can stop ANY time now!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Ooh, you've got to get that. Very cute. Afraid it would make my (overweight) 5' 3" frame look even more squat.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

I like it!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I LOVE jean jackets. Actually, I love all things denim - jeans, jean skirts, jean trousers, etc.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the belted denim jacket. Jean jackets have been around for a little too long. This one's got a little style!

2:13 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Totally cute! (Too hot to wear here today, though.)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Anne/kq said...

I would call the manager of the store's clothing department, or the general manager, and explain the situation. S/he may be able to help you find the one you REALLY want!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love LaRedoute! I have had a belted denim trench coat I wear every fall for like 5 years. Somehow it has stayed in style cause I constantly get compliments.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home