Friday, November 30, 2007

Farewell, NaBloPoMo

So today is the last day of NaBloPoMo, aka National Blog Posting Month, aka November. And I did it! Not only did I write a post for every day, but some days had more than one post. A vacation, a butt-whipping holiday -- nothing stopped me! (Cue victorious laugh.)

I liked posting every day, and I didn't like it. I think it's too much for me at this point in my life now. Writing every day is one thing; writing on your blog is another. What if what you need to write isn't something you want to share? Then you have to post just for the sake of posting, which seems unnatural for a personal blog.

However, it's a good exercise in discipline, and NaBloPoMo is way easier than NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) because NaNoWriMo has a 50,000-word minimum and you have to think about character and plot. Or at least it did a couple years ago when I did it.

We now return to our regularly unscheduled blog posting....

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so relieved it's over myself! As much as I love blogging, I'm a little blogged out right now from the pressures of posting everyday.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Congrats! Anyone who even attempts NaBloPoMo is pretty awesome in my book!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

I enjoyed your posts. Thanks!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Congratulations! Good for you. I did that last year in November just so I can do it and it helped loosen the creative juices.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Good job! I would never be able to post every single day!

10:30 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Yeah! And maybe bloglines will slow down. I had to just "mark all as read" yesterday. I'm so behind. UGH>

8:40 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Good job! I did do NaNoWriMo this year, but I knew ahead of time that I would never make the 50K words. I made close to 10K though, and I enjoyed the exercise so, no regrets.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Well done you. So I suppose you'll be keeping things a bit low key now!
Cheers

4:17 PM  
Blogger kimmy said...

doesn't seem to work for tristan.. i dont know what to do cuz his daddy comes home soon and he will be tired

6:30 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Good for you, good for me, glad it's over!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I must say I am so glad it's over and I can just go on blogging without pressure!! : )

Steph

10:13 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I just had a sudden storm of inspiration for next November.

What if instead of 1,600 plus words per day OR daily blogging no matter how you felt, we could combine the best of both and call it "a bit more each day blog" (ABiMoEaDaBlo). One blog chapter per day (OnBlChaPerDa). Um, maybe November Novelette Blog (NoNoBlo). Something like that. Heck, we could have a contest to name it.

Better yet, let's do it in FEBRUARY when winter feels like it will never end and the only calender event is buying underwear at the resident's day sale.

Write one short chapter each day ON your blog.

Oooo. I like it.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Congrats!

Still taking deep, calming breaths myself.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home