Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Holiday party fantasy part 2

What I'd wear today if I could: these black satin pants from Fredrick's of Hollywood. (What? They sent me a catalog.)

Actually, I'd wear them on Friday night. JP has a client who is having a big-bash retirement party, and I just don't feel like wearing the same black dress I've worn every year since ... let's see ... 2003. Then I saw these pants and fainted with joy, but it's too late to order them for Friday anyway. Sigh.

Anyway, these pants would look great with a fun top and strappy shoes. I've always worn a dress for special occasions, but these pants just look soooo fabulous.

Do you like to wear pants to special parties, or do you always wear a dress?

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo those are cute. You know I always find a dress...not sure why. Guess because that is the only time I would wear one.

10:24 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

uhh, what's a dress, exactly?

Joking. I used to wear dresses a lot, to church mostly. But four kids later and it's just too much trouble. Nice pants, sometimes a skirt: but only in the summer for that.

I love that color of blue that chick has on. Very vibrant.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

I'm all about the pants for parties.

Cute top, fun shoes.

Eclectic jewelry

That's my standard party outfit!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, if I looked like that it totally wouldn't matter what I wore. I'd probably be naked most of the time.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

If an event is on the casual side, I love to wear a great pair of jeans or pants with heels and a nice top.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I like those pants. I've actually worn both pants and dresses to holiday parties. Although it's been a very long time since I've put on a dress.

10:59 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I have one pair of pants that are almost that awesome which I will wear for dressing up. The rest of the time I'm a skirt girl.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I have to say that I love a teeny bop store like Fashion Bug or Maurice's for a one off, sparkly outfit. Inexpensive, fine in muted light and fun. Guilt free glam

10:18 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I am a dress girl, but I do have a sexy black tuxedo that I may wear this holiday season...Hmmmmm, not sure!

2:24 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Yeah, they sent you a catalog because YOU REQUESTED IT!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Funny, I always wear pants to the holiday parties. Mostly because my husband is exactly my height and it's boring to wear a great dress with flat-ish shoes.

So I would totally wear this outfit too.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home