Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Internet is blind



Have you done this celebrity lookalike thingy? Every time I've tried it, I use a different photo and come up with different results.

This time, I used my NaBloPoMo page photo and got new chicks. ('Cept it won't fit right on the page, bah!)

The first chick -- the person I supposedly look the most like -- is Woranuch Wongsawan, a Thai soap opera star. That's very flattering, even if I don't know who she is. And seriously, do I look Asian?

The second one is Amanda Seyfried from the Mean Girls movie and Veronica Mars. I really don't see the resemblance. At all.

Moving farther down the lookalike percentage, we have Mandy Moore, the lovely late Deborah Kerr (who passed away just a couple weeks ago) and Australian singer/actress Holly Valance -- another person I've never heard of. (Sorry to my Australian friends.)

Next is Amrita Rao, another eastern "lookalike" who turns out to be a Bollywood star, R&B hottie Ciara and -- perhaps most amazing of all -- the Internet thinks I look like Grace Kelly.

In real life, people have told me I look like Kristin Davis (Charlotte from Sex and the City), Geena Davis (Commander in Chief), Norah Jones and Helena Bonham-Carter (most recently in a Harry Potter movie but maybe best known as the Merchant Ivory-type historical British movie chick).

This all just begs the question: if these women can make millions, then why can't I?!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

You are in some great company!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

That's so funny. I think you could make more money than them...much better looking.

1:18 AM  
Blogger a woman who is said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving such nice comments. I tried the celebrity thing, Liz Minnelly? I don't think so, he he.

1:46 AM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I hear ya! We should be making millions!

I did the look alike thing and it got it right--Meg Ryan! I've had people at stores ask me if anyone's ever told me I look like Meg. They used to call me Meg in High School. I think it's just b/c we both have a long neck. LOL! Actually, it's weird b/c I've always thought my aunt looks like Meg Ryan.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

haha...wonder who they'd come up with for me...and yeah, you should definitely be making millions! :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I am afraid of who they would kick out for me...You are in some great company, and some I've never heard of!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I did this a while back and my highest % was a tie between, get this, Jessica Biel & Eva Langoria! Ha! Not in this lifetime!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Cool! What a great photo (of you)...you're beautiful!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Wow. You look like some very beautiful women. I'm giving this a try.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

I did this once too and the depressing thing is that I actually had guys show up in my matches!

Ugh...

6:34 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I wouldn't say no to looking like any of them!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

You are all too kind!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I see a little Sloan from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

OK, I totally see what Amanda's saying -- I see Sloan too! You're both gorgeous.

As for the others -- I would NOT have a problem with looking like any of them.

Must try this ... looks like fun.

12:04 AM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

That's ok sweetie, we don't really like Holly Valance over here anyway, would you like to adopt her?

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home