Wednesday, February 04, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Red

What I'd wear today if I could: red. Today is a bit early, but Feb. 6 is Wear Red Day in honor of Go Red for Women, the American Heart Association's awareness campaign about heart disease in women. This is one of the official Go Red items from the Shop Heart online store.

(Psst! You would think breast cancer is the top killer of women as far as diseases go. But it's actually heart disease! You can find out more at the Go Red for Women site.)

Even though today isn't Wear Red Day, if you wear red to Macy's any time Feb. 4-8, you can save 15-20% on your purchases.

Anything in red will do on Go Red Day. How about those ubiquitous, super-cheap Valentine's Day tees from Tarjhay?



Or this flowy blouse from Anthropologie:



This tie-neck sweater from J. Jill?:



I think everyone looks good in red -- you just have to find the right shade for you. As for myself, almost every time I wear red, someone compliments me. To that, I say, "Go red!"

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red is awesome. I know I said the same on your last post, so I'll just leave it at that! ;)

3:51 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I love red. I need to buy more of it...

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look wicked good in red. It is by far my best colour! Cool chooses this week!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Rawr for red. I like that top one!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Red is a universally flattering colour, I think.

It also compliments pregnant bellies nicely. :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Half of my wardrobe is red. The other half is black. I'm so predictable.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

My favorite color to wear - after black of course... I love the excuse of Valentine's Day!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

I do love me some red!! Too bad there's not a Macy's anywhere near me.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hey, I just noticed that you put one of my posts on your "read this" section! What a cool compliment! Thanks much!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger bernthis said...

I actually look horrible in red but for a good cause I'd even wear Lemon Yellow and you do not want to see me in that color

11:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I love wearing red. For the longest time I didn't have enough confidence to wear it and now it's every chance I get..

6:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love red too. Red clothes. Red lipstick. Red heels. Red home decor. It's such a vibrant, rich color.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home