Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ya just can't get enough of me

Yeah, right.

But after being tagged to write six weird things about myself and now five things you don’t know about me within a week, I feel flattered. So, here goes with the five things:

1. I have a couple of scars. One of them is on my face, but mostly people don’t seem to notice it. I got the facial scar in a car crash JP and I were in when we were 17. The other scar is on my arm. I tell people I got it in a fight with a tough Puerto Rican chick, but really it happened when I picked up a trash bag, and a piece of glass poked through and raked across my skin. (And please, I’m not disparaging Puerto Rican women. Where I grew up, they really were tough. They didn’t take crap from anyone!)

2. I played flute when I was in junior high and high school. I wanted to play the drums. That’s probably why one day, I came home from school to find my mother had bought me a flute. So, flute it was.

3. I come from a crazy blended family, so I have six brothers and two sisters (that I know of!). My oldest brother is old enough to be my father (a young father), and the youngest is 10 years younger than I am. I am the youngest of the girls.

4. You know how those Bowl games always have a Miss Bowl thing going on? Well, one year in college, I entered a Miss Bowl competition. There was no parading around in swimsuits or anything like that, thank goodness. I didn’t really like the experience, and I didn’t even make the first cut. I just thought it would be fun to say I tried. (And really, it would have been fun to wave to the crowd while going down the street on a float, even if I was just a princess and not the queen.)

5. I have a sudden desire to try hang gliding or kiteboarding. Maybe sometime in 2007, I’ll actually get to do one of them!

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I have a few scars too. And something you don't know about me--- my nose and mouth are crooked. True story. You can't really tell by looking at me-- but if you stare long enough (not sure why anyone really would) you can see that somehow my nose and mouth aren't perfectly aligned.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Interesting list. I didn't know that you knew JP when you were teenagers.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Wow - 8 siblings! That is very cool. I have 2, but always wanted more.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I played flute too. Did you ever try out a piccolo? I still have my flute, sold the piccolo, regretting that.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home