Thursday, August 23, 2007

My dad can beat up your dad -- with tall tales

As told to me....

JP (at work, seeing boss has come into office): Hey, boss. How's your boy?

Boss (who has 8-month-old son): Great! He took four steps yesterday.

JP: Four steps already? He's only 8 months.

Boss: Yep. He's got five teeth, too -- two of them molars.

JP: No way! Well, Flybaby has nine teeth and one molar. And he's practically running through the house now.

Boss: You don't say. Well, my boy weighs 27 pounds.

JP: Flybaby can write his name.

Boss: My boy can do long division.

JP: Flybaby is taking Advanced Placement courses.

Boss: Mine is already a Rhodes scholar.

JP: Flybaby is a NASA consultant.

Boss: My baby has people who are working on his 2062 presidential campaign.

JP: Well ... the office staff all think my baby is cuter than your baby!

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

LOLOLOL!!!!

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

6:34 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

That is funny.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OY! And JP hits below the belt!

Too funny :-)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

ROTFLMAO!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Very funny!

I find it difficult not to brag about my kids. It's only because I love them and they are terrific (just like everyone else's). But I try not to brag to other's with small kids so I don't seem competitive.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

LOVE IT!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Seriously brilliant, I could keep coming back to comment on the depth of my appreciation for this post. Bravo DamselFly, brao!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Men will try one-up in any conversation, huh?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

hehe. Proud pops! Love it.

12:36 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I'm pretty sure that's what my husband talks about at work.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Hilarious!

Love that the one-upping daddies are just as snarky as we mothers.

3:58 PM  
Blogger KMH said...

Funny!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ahhh yes, the competition game begins. So funny.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

So true!

9:15 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Sounds Very familiar!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

I love it - very funny. Whenever we would go somewhere when Graham was a newborn we used to brag that he was gonna drive home!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

how funny!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! Thanks so much for the laught! Thanks for participating in Show off your Blog Saturday hope to see you again!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home