Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Easter

What I'd wear today if I could: this fun skirt from Charlotte Russe. I got it last week on a hunt for something to wear for Easter. I'd wear it today, but I'm planning on taking Fly to the playground -- and I'm not really a skirt- on- the-playground kind of mom.

One of these days, I'm going to grow up. It was a tradition in my family for us kids to have a new outfit for Easter. I guess I never grew out of that tradition. I didn't understand the reason for a new outfit at Easter was that last year's Easter dress didn't fit and my fall school clothes weren't dressy enough (yes, those were the two times a year we usually went clothes shopping). Now, that's usually not a problem for me at this point in my life.

But still I shop.

Easter might not be that big of a deal if JP's aunt and uncle didn't invite his family to their club every Easter. It's kind of a big deal. This skirt doesn't really say "yacht club" to me, but sometimes I feel a little rebellious and like to poke fashion convention in the eye.

Oh, yeah. A rebel in a flowered peasant skirt. "Stand back, everyone in a suit or Lily Pulitzer dress! There's a bohemian in our midst!"

I'm still not sure what I'm wearing for Easter . . . . But I'm keeping this skirt.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

very cute and so feminine!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Like the skit. I even like the colors. I bet you'll look good in it.

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo that is cute!!!
I think a new Easter outfit is an awesome tradition!

4:43 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cute. And you should totally wear this to the club. Imagine the shock and awe you'd inspire!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

What a fun skirt!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Laurel said...

i bought an easter outfit the other day, too! it's when i get a girly, feminine, springy outfit... whether i need it or not!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Love the skirt! Easter came too quickly this year, I normally get myself a new dress or skirt too - but haven't managed to accomplish that this year.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

You renegade Bohemian you!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I love the way it is screaming Spring at me. I couldn't even attempt to wear it here yet, sadly.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Cute, cute, cute!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I freaking love that skirt.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

I doubt I'll ever out grow the new Easter outfit thing either. However, this year I am unmotivated to buy new clothes. I'm just waiting until the baby fat magically disappears.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

I really like this.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

That's a fun skirt, love it!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home