Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mushy Valentine pleasure



I am posting this because I am a sucker for all things made by children. Completefoolsucker. I still have a picture on my fridge made by the daughter of a woman I did a project with three years ago.

Now that Fly is (sort of) able to make me things, my heart does a little flip-flop when "makes" things.

I am going to need lots of picture frames and keepsake boxes and maybe a second refrigerator.

Fly made me a Valentine's Day craft in the church nursery. It's a flower made out of a paint impression of his hand, with a heart in the flower.

For your mushy Valentine's Day pleasure, here is the poem glued to the Valentine:

A piece of me
I give to you.
I painted this flower
To say "I love you."

The heart is you,
The hand is me,
To show we are friends --
The best there can be.

I hope you save it
And look back someday
At the flower we shared
On this special day.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I love that scrapbook page and that little poem. Fly is growing up!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

So cute! I had a blast making "Valentimes" with Hunter this morning. Fly is getting so big!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

A very sweet craft and poem I'll be stealing for future birthdays cards for the kids to make. Thanks for sharing.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

It's the pride of my kids when they make something for me that chokes me up every time.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

awwwww! First of many. You're going to need a nice sized footlocker! :)

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd bawl!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

So sweet!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Aww... he looks so grown up in those photos.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

That is too cute!

(You can barely see our fridge underneath all the artwork!)

12:37 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

That's just way too cute. I've kept those things in a special box. When they are in their twenties and you look back...well it's priceless.

4:31 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Gosh, he's looking so cute and grown-up in this pic.

Has his hair thickened out ?
He looks so *different*

Cute as, though :)

7:36 AM  
Blogger PunditMom said...

Oh, how I miss scrapbooking!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home