Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mariachi Mama

I bought some black yoga pants on eBay for 99 cents! I was feeling pretty proud of myself. I didn't look at the auction description too closely, though, and I noticed after I bid there were gold studs running down the length of the pants on the outside of the legs.

Undeterred, I put them on this afternoon for the first time. I wasn't sure how I felt about the studs, but the pants fit, they were comfortable, and I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere, anyway.

Then JP came home and saw the pants.

"What, are you in a mariachi band now?" he asked.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Your pants."

"These are not mariachi pants!" I exclaimed. But the seed had been planted. Fear grabbed my heart.

During our ritual after-dinner walk with Fly -- when Fly does his ritual removal of his socks so I end up walking the neighborhood with a tiny pair of dirty socks in my hand -- JP started up again.

"All you need are a sequined vest and a big sombrero."

"Would you stop with the mariachi stuff?!" I smacked his arm with the dirty socks.

Quoting Nacho Libre, JP said, "When you are a mom, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. Just for fun."

(Which has nothing to do with mariachis.)



I really don't think my pants look this bad....



- - - - -

This post is for Amber at Crazy Bloggin' Canuck. I can't imitate her well, but this post reminded me of her. If you want to write a post in the style of another blogger, please do -- and share!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Nadine said...

That was wonderful. You did a great job. Sometimes husbands say things that they need dirty socks thrown at them.

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day together.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Ok you have to post a picture of them now. Inquiring minds must see them so that we can judge for ourselves.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Haa haa. Leave it to husbands to help you out...right? Ha aha

11:07 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Must see them now!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yep, I wanna see the pants.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Bon said...

show me the pants, babee...they sound FINE. oh yeh.

(plus i think i may have owned a pair in the same species back in fifth grade that were way cool...) :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Sometimes I wear stretchy pants ALL DAY, just for fun.

Hey! I finally wrote my post for I'm Sincere Week. Check it out when you get a sec.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Yeah, I would love to see your pants ;)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Tee hee hee. I like the idea of smacking a husband with dirty socks!!! Can I "be sincere" and do that to MY hubby? ;)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

haha
Now you MUST post a photo!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery? I'm honored. :-)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am going to miss you.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home