Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: DYO

What I'd wear today if I could: some fun design-your-own shoes from Steve Madden. Design! Your! Own! Shoes! (Apparently, I'm a sucker for design-your-own clothing.)

The Steve Madden Web site has a handy tool for selecting a variety of styles (from strappy sandals to snow boots to moccasins) that you fully customize for yourself. Choose the outer and inner shoe material and even the heel of the shoe, in some cases. Here, I've designed a cork wedge slide in a kicky navy and white stripe.

But I also could use a new pair of black flats . . . .


But, sigh, neither one of these shoes really compares to a Steve Madden original like this one:


Now, if that's not a hot-mama shoe, then I don't know what is!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Sadly, even an easy "design-your-own-shoe" website won't make me fashionable, given my penchant for less-than-stylish clothing. Love that last pair, though.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love the look of heels, but alas, my feet will not tolerate them. Sigh. Oh how I've tried, but the feet always win the battle.

4:23 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

That's awesome!

6:05 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

uhm love it!! now i know exactly what to do while the bean takes her nap - laundry and shoe design :)

thanks for the tip!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I donned a pair of high heels ... running after a preschooler and a baby in high heels, although I have seen it done, does not appeal to me.

Gorgeous shoes though!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

It's time to go shoe-shopping!!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

I'm very shoe un-knowledgeable. Those are all cute, though I don't think I could pull them off ;)
I got my calendar. Thanks!

11:50 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Those shoes would mean DEATH on the treadmill!

3:25 PM  
Blogger ♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

omg! i love steve!! his shoes rock!

and i love your design - i'd wear it in a minute!

those are def some hot mama shoes...and i want them so bad!!

i am a shoe-a-holic!i need shoes! lots of shoes! craving shoes!

shoes........!!!


;o)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Like those wedge shoes! I have been wanting a cute pair...but I don't like to wear heels tooo much. Im 5'10 and so is my husband...so I try to save the heels for something like church or fancy nights out ;)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

How fun! Can't wait to go play around on that site!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Oh I think I'm in love with Steve Madden.

Come by for your awards.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Love the shoes! Now if only I could walk gracefully in them...

10:06 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

How cool! I love SM!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home