Tuesday, February 05, 2008

How to get rock-hard abs without really trying*

First, get sick. Catch a cold from your child.

Make sure you get even sicker than your child was, and that your cold lingers for more than a week.

Have an involuntary coughing fit every five to ten minutes. Even while you try to sleep. If you sound as though parts of your lungs or even your intestines are going to come up, you're doing a great job. Coughing fits while trying to put your child to sleep might alarm him at first, but eventually he will make first attempts to hug you every time you cough. The important thing is that your abs are contorted contracted while you cough.

If your cold puts a damper on your 13th wedding anniversary, just think how great those abs are going to look when you finally feel better! And ask your husband for a do-over.



*(Or at least feel like you have rock-hard abs)

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I think I'll start that tomorrow. Sounds like fun.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

yeah...that sounds about right. Or else...get the flu and barf all night long - I felt like I had a major ab workout that night too. Sigh. I hope you get better soon!!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I'm with Andrea. Puking ones guts out for a night does wonders for your abs.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Too funny--nothing like a fit of extreme vomiting to tone and strengthen. And here I've been sweating to Pilates all week, trying to get rid of my bulges when I could have just used an infection.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Brandie said...

Oh that's terrible. I tried that method a few weeks ago. It felt like a really good work out, but in actually I gained the few pounds I had just lost before getting sick @@

But, I hope yo are feeling better!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I can't imagine what you are talking about. ;-)

Be well!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm familiar with this method. I don't care for the pain every time I cough though. And I don't think there are rock-hard abs anywhere in my future.

Hope you're better soon.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

You poor thing. I hope you feel better soon. Happy Anniversary.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I have had a cough like that and it lasted for over 2 freakn' weeks too! I also told my DH that it was working out my abs and he just rolled his eyes! I hope you feel better and get to do something fun for your anniversary!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Happy Anniversary!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Well I use to like Pilates, but looks like I found something better! Thanks for the tip!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

Oooh that's sounds just as fun as my how to lose a quick 7 pounds flu diet...hope you feel better soon!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

What we women have to do in the name of a hot bod.

Poor thing. Hope you're better soon.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Can you come up here and sneeze on me?

Thanks.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose!

I had a stomach bug a couple weeks ago. I lost 4 pounds real quick! (Of course, it came right back as soon as I resumed normal food consumption!)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, you! Feel better!

9:56 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

*sniff* and LOL! hope you're better!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home