Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sincerely yours



Valentine’s Day is coming . . . . I say we show our favorite bloggers how we’re sweet on them!

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If you have a few bloggers you admire, why not show them just how much you admire them by imitating their writing style with a post on your own blog?

The week of Feb. 10-16, Growing A Life will be hosting I’m Sincere Week, a blog carnival-y-type thing, just for the fun of it.

Here’s what to do:

For any blogger you admire, write a post in that person’s style (in the best way you possibly can) and put it up on your blog any time during the week of Feb. 10-16. (Even if you choose to imitate more than one blogger, write only one post per blog you are imitating.) And please -- truly be sincere. Don’t imitate someone’s blog with a mean spirit.

Then e-mail me with the link(s) to your post(s) so I can keep a running list, and let the blogger you admire know that you’ve imitated him or her on your blog as part of I’m Sincere Week.

Everyone who writes an imitation post will be able to snag an “I’m Sincere!” button. And any blogger who was imitated can post an “I’m Flattered!” button (both to come).

As I said, I’ll keep a list of bloggers who have admirers out there, with links to all the posts written in their style.

Will you be an admirer? An admiree? Probably both!

Leave a comment if you think you’ll join in!

PS: I have to give props to scrapgirls.com, scrapbookgraphics.com and scrapwow.com for digital images used to create the nifty image above.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Whoa, this could be tough! I'll have to see if I can come up with something!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Cute idea. We'll see if my brain can write something as great as the bloggers out there.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

What a sweet idea! This could be fun...

10:35 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Neat idea!

I might play. Depends how work is going (I'm supposed to be working right now! I have no self-discipline).

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really cute and nice idea!! Good thinking

12:40 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Very fun. I"m not sure I'm that creative tho'!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home