Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday

What I'd wear today if I could: a pair of custom-made jeans from mejeans.com!

Just think of the possibilities. Jeans that you design yourself. They're your favorite color/wash. They're the style you prefer. You pick out everything down to the color of the stitching and how many belt loops you want. Then you provide like 10 different measurements so the jeans fit like they were made just for you. Well, they are! I've had this site marked in my favorites for a while and just rediscovered it. It's fun to see how many different ways you could design a pair for yourself.

There's a lot of custom this and that for kids -- now here's one for the moms. (Dads too.)

Speaking of dads, JP asked me last week if a certain shirt of his went with his jeans. I told him I consider jeans to be a neutral, even though they're blue. Dontcha think?

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the jeans go with everything with one exception. Every once in a blue moon, something blue looks funny if it is a weird match to the blue in jeans.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cool. I saw something like this on What Not To Wear. They took the woman being made over to a store in Manhattan, and she picked out every last aspect of her custom-made jeans. I would LOVE this!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I never heard of this. That is a very cool thing. My daughter would love this. I'm going to pass this on to her. Thanks.

I agree jeans are neutral - anything goes.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Jeans are definitely neutral, thankfully.

I'd love to design a pair for myself, especially if it resulted in downplaying certain areas!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I've gotta go over there!!!!

I consider jeans to be neutral, too. The only thing I think shouldn't be worn with jeans is a denim top unless they match VERY well, and the top is worn over a t-shirt or something. Just my opinion!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Guinevere, absolutely! Head-to-toe denim isn't the best look. If you *really* have to do it, I have actually heard your denim *shouldn't* match! Maybe if you're cleaning out a barn or something....

1:47 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Design your own jeans sound delightful, particularly as I sit here with my jeans cutting me in a most unflattering spot. No wonder I stand all of the time...

Also? I have to agree with Guinevere and you: never wear denim with denim. Ever. Just don't.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I agree with jill and guinevere. Jeans go with almost everything...except denim and certain shades of blue (and even then, it's possible to pull it off).

If I had to pick one outfit to wear every day for the rest of my life, jeans would definitely be part of the ensemble.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love, love, LOVE jeans! I think absolutely everything goes with jeans from casual to fancy-smancy, any color.

4:42 PM  
Blogger John J. Kaiser said...

Can you design them so that they don't get those rips in the back by the pockets? I hate those.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across Ujeans a few months ago (they do custom jeans) and I *love* them. OMG, having a perfect pair of jeans is the best.

I'm 5'8", but I have a long inseam, so any time I get jeans that match my inseam, the waist is too large! This was the best place for me!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home