Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Growing and Giving day #2

Thanks for your well wishes on the cold Fly and I have. I'm thankful that at least it's not the worst cold I've ever had!

We tried again to get Fly's picture taken yesterday afternoon while JP had the day off. I'd say the whole ordeal was a nightmare. (My stepmother would call it a "comedy of errors," but I don't see any humor there.) Even though we had an appointment for 4 pm, we waited for 25 minutes because there were people ahead of us. Then, the power went out. When it came back on, the photographer didn't know how to start the computer back up again! Finally, Fly got fed up with the whole scene, and we had to leave before we'd gotten any decent shots...just as the biggest storm of the summer followed us home!

That did not make us happy.

But what does make me happy is giving away birthday presents!

Today's winners are Mean Mommy for the girls' sweater package, and Ginny for the princess DVD! Congratulations! Fly picked your cards at random this morning.

I really wish I had enough prizes to give to each of you! Sob!

Who's gonna win tomorrow's giveaways?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Colds are no fun! I have pretty much given up on getting our photos taken professionally. It always seems to be too stressful!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the photo shoot! When you have an appt., they should see you at that time. Any one who works with kids should understand that toddlers are exactly the best at waiting! Hope you are better soon!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Days like that always frustrate me.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Brandie said...

Oh no! I hate making an appointment and then having to wait - especially with children involved. (Last time we had a photo shoot they took us back about an hour late. I was ready to kill someone!) Hopefully next time it will go much smoother!

Congrats to the winners !! =)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

How frustrating...to get Fly ready, wait, and then blah. Days like that make me realize how little I have control over.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mean Mommy said...

Thanks so much!

We've done the disaster picture appointments too. For some reason, I keep going back... glutton for punishment, I guess. :)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home