Monday, September 03, 2007

Weekend by numbers

1: Canceled photo appointment for Fly's first birthday portrait, because he is sick



2: Dozen chocolate chip cookies I baked because JP wanted them



3: Number of times I asked JP to open the oven door because it is stuck



4: Nights JP slept in Fly's room so I could get some rest -- hooray for me, I'm sick now too



5: Times I realized I really need to paint my toenails



6: Hours I slow-cooked food for Fly



7: Times JP talked to me about the freebie desk he brought home to refurbish by Tuesday



8: Bottles of vitamin water I drank



9: Times I felt sorry for myself that I am breastfeeding and can't take cold medicine



10: Nails I clipped on Fly's hands



11: Times I wondered how I'm going to do everything in time for Fly's birthday party!



12: Mushrooms I sliced to make chicken marsala



13: Total hours Fly actually slept on Saturday! A miracle!



14: Magazines and books piling up, waiting to be read



15: Nose buggies or snot strings I wiped from Fly's face



Infinity: Times I apparently forgot I am sick

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sending you peaceful healing thoughts!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

I'm right there with ya. Except mine's not a virus, it's good old fashioned girl stuff!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative! I hope you are all feeling better soon!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Awww...hope you're all feeling MUCH better soon!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Being sick, no fun. Get well soon, Fly too!

I've had to reschedule portrait appointments due to sick kids. Life just isn't busy enough.

4:34 PM  
Blogger TheButterfly2 said...

Cute list. Sorry you and Fly are sick for his birthday! :o( That sucks!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! What a weekend! Hope you are all feeling better soon!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I LOVE chicken marsala! Plus every single day I look down at my feet and say that I need a pedicure!

I hope you & Fly feel better soon!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hope that you are better soon!

Love the list!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate sick kids. I actually lamented breaking my pinkie nail this weekend for the sole reason that I would not be able to dig crusty boogers out of my daughters nose. How incredibly sad is that?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Erin M said...

i hope you are feeling better soon . Ive been wrangling some nasty thing too. I think it's propagating through the interweb

12:20 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I'm so sorry you are ill. I pray you feel better. I'm glad Fly slept so long. I have to say it was very creative this post.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

That is a lot of nose buggies!

Get well soon.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

2 dozen chocolate chip cookies!! You rock!!!

I put slice-and-bake chocolate chip cookies on the grocery list this week. Tee hee! :)

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the style of this post, it's cute! I hope you feel better!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

16. The times I felt bad for you in 1 post!

Get better flys!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home