Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Fluttery

What I'd wear today if I could: this top by designer Nanette Lepore, found on Bluefly. (Gotta love the name!) When I saw this spring-y tank top with the cinched waist and ruffles -- and all those butterflies! -- it reminded me of my mother. She calls them flutterbies (annoying my sister to no end), and if this top came in her size, I'd get it for her in an instant.

But I also like it, too. It's got shape without being clingy, and all of those colors in the butterflies means I could wear it with lots of things. You could even wear it under a cool cropped sweater until it warms up.

I usually wear solids, but that gets old and sometimes you just crave a print! (I also usually wear a standard mom-issue T-shirt, but that gets tired too.) This top does the trick.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

This makes me even more eager for summer!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally longing for warmer days ...

7:29 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I love it! You nailed the description perfectly. I want one!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!

What I don't love is the $159 price tag. And that's on sale!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Very cute, but I'm not sure if it would accentuate or hide my post-baby muffin top!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

GORGEOUS!!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home