Monday, February 11, 2008

The Mighty Wind

I was sick recently and, because I'm still nursing Fly, couldn't really take cold medicines. Instead, I drank large quantities of super-immune-boosting, vitamin C-laden juices in the hope of kicking the miserable cold you know where:



Except, all of those juice smoothies didn't quite agree with me and my digestive tract.

One night on the way home from the bookstore, JP was putting Fly into his carseat while I was getting into the front seat, and a Mighty Wind did blow!



"Whew, Fly must need a diaper change," JP said.

"Um ... yeah!" I agreed, as the fabric ceiling liner in the car started peeling off.

Guilty!

- - - - -

This post is a cheap imitation of the real thing, written by Oh, The Joys. If you want to read the real thing, go here. And if you want to write a post in the style of another blogger, please do -- and share!

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Artfully done...will she think I am insulting her that your eye-watering flatulence post indeed reminded me of her?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Ha, ha, ha! I blame the kids whenever possible.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

That butt shot is my worst nightmare! I'm pear shaped. :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I love that!

What a great idea!!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, those juicers have a lot to answer for.
Cheers

7:25 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Nice work. I have no imitation skills.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

haha...okay, that is TOO funny! And I hate to admit it...but you're not the only one with a might wind. ;)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Thanks for the laugh. My husband has stopped blaming the dog...and the baby...for my gas. LOL!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

I knew just as soon as you made reference to the Mighty Wind!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

That was very funny - even if that butt scares me!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Julie Carobini said...

*snort* hahaha....!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

The Mighty Wind tipped me off, too.

Nicely done! (

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I think you hit it spot-on! Great job!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

You are hilarious!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe I thought everyone blamed the kids for passing the gas ... hehe

2:08 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Too funny--and that picture? I had to come out of the feeds to comment on that!

3:11 PM  
Blogger ♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

funny stuff! ;-)

3:17 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

You are hilarious! I can't wait to click over to your flattered sites!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home