Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Safari

My 500th post!

What I'd wear today if I could: a safari dress sort of like this one, which is from Old Navy.

I don't know about you, but it seems to me the safari look is everywhere lately. Oh, the khaki! Even if you never venture outside of your own town, though, it's fun to dream about taking an adventure.

A safari dress or shirt has a look that is tailored and simple, but yet not boring. I envision this with a bold necklace or wrist bangle, comfy shoes, a tote ... pith helmet optional. It's easy to move around in, which is important for a mom, especially when your toddler appears not to have any sense of depth perception and thinks it's OK to step off a four-and-a-half-foot-high platform on the playground, and you have to rush over to him to help him down before he breaks his neck. Completely hypothetical, of course....

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Ouch! Yep, that is super cute.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Cute...I love Old Navy:)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Sassy, looking forward to a waist.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Cute, but I would prefer short sleeves, especially for the summertime.

6:59 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

that's adorable.

I've missed what I'd wear Wednesdays.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Love it.

Welcome back! And congrats on the 500th post.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 500th post! You wear is well. :-)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Happy 500 posts! I'm glad it was a WIWW. :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Very, very cute.

And congrats on hitting 500!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home