Friday, August 15, 2008

Winning a medal

It seems everyone's attention is focused on the Olympics -- the moves, the inspiration, the hot bodies, the scandals, the medals! As a girl, for about two days I dreamed of being an Olympic gymnast. Fortunately, that dream went away....

I'll never be in the Olympics, but I have won a medal -- OK, it's not a medal, but it's a blogging award from the super-nice White Hot Magik. Turns out we have a lot in common. She loves bugs, I love bugs! She loves Magnetic Monday, I love Magnetic Monday! She lives in a warm place, I live in a warm place! She has an eBay shop, I love to shop on eBay! WHM has given me the Arte Y Pico award. Apparently, Arte Y Pico roughly translates to "Wow. The Best Art. Over the top." Take that, Olympians! I mean, thank you so much, White Hot Magik!

In turn, I must pass this award on. See? The rules say so.

  1. Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
  2. Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog by so everyone can view it.
  3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
  4. The award winner and the presenter should post the link of the Arte Y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
  5. Please post these rules.


When I think of blogs that are creative, interesting and contribute to the blogging community, five that I think of include:

Carrie of Eyes Wide Open and gremlin wrangler. She is writer, photographer, singer, songwriter and portrait artist. I bet there are other talents she has we don't even know about.

My favorite Aussie h&b. Her self-decorated home was recently featured in an Australian design magazine. It's beautiful! You should see the nursery and playroom. She is always doing something to her home and garden.

Amanda at The Wink and Tumble Dry. The way she writes about her three beautiful daughters and the relationship she has with them is sheer poetry. But she can also be wickedly funny.

Michelle at Scribbit, who has probably already received this award, but she deserves it anyway. She always has interesting crafts on her site, and she also has her own Etsy shop. Her weekly recipe also rocks.

Heather and Whitney at Rookie Moms -- talk about contributing to the blogging community! Rookie moms no longer, these gals turned their blog into a book and wrote The Rookie Moms Handbook.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

Haven't even HEARD of this award so thanks!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

4:25 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I love you Man!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congrats to all!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

awww .. thankyou !! ;)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You ! I was just thinking of you today. Megan at Velveteen Mind wrote a post about encountering a young child at a scary movie alone, very late at night. The story of what she did reminded me of you and the story you shared about protecting a child.

I think you are so intelligent and caring, this means more to me than you may know.

Thank you.

9:31 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

yippee and congrats to you and all your award winners :)

your own mini olympic celebration!!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your award! Great blog, looking forward to reading more - smiles!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Congrats on a well-deserved award!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Congrats! And you have another award on my blog today.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Congrats on the award! You are one creative woman!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home