Thursday, August 07, 2008

Fear of weird plants and other stories

Maternal Mirth tagged me for a meme to list six unspectacular things about myself. We haven't known each other online for long, but she already knows me well enough to know I will have no problem reveling in my unspectacularness.

Let's see....

1. I have a bad habit of biting my left forefinger knuckle when I'm sitting and thinking. Seriously. I don't know where this came from. It's only been since Fly was born. I actually have a callous on that finger from the biting. Beautiful.

2. There are still wedding gifts JP and I haven't taken out of the boxes. We got married 13 years ago.

3. I have a fear of weird-looking plants. Bizzarobotanicaphobia? When JP and I (used to) hike, whenever we'd come across a plant I didn't know and that looked weird, I could swear my heart stopped beating for a second and I'd do a little jump before slowly backing away from the crazy-looking thing.

4. I am greatly annoyed I still have bad melasma on my face, which was supposed to lighten up/go away after Fly was born. That's what I get for going to the Bahamas on my baby moon.

5. Since Fly, I've gotten really bad about writing thank-you notes. I forget for weeks or even months. JP's parents went on vacation this spring and brought back some nice souvenirs for us, and I never thanked them in written, postal mail-able form (as I'm sure they expect).

6. As a kid, I once convinced a friend's classmate I had two birthdays just because I knew she was the gullible type. I also told her the older kids not only had to learn cursive writing, but cursive numbers, too.

I'm supposed to tag six people, but my meme MO is to open it up to anyone who wants to do the meme. If you do, let me know!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger CaraBee said...

In a twist, I've actually gotten better about writing thank you notes since the baby. Seems backwards, but I guess I feel like I should set a good example for my daughter. Pretty silly since she's years from understanding it.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thank you notes are the bane of my existence right now. I feel like I'm drowning in notes that I need to write. I wish I was someone who could just say forget it sometimes.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

Thank you notes ... it's a love/hate relationship.

As for the plant thing ... did you have poison oak or ivy as a kid?? *That* might explain it...

10:44 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm so curious about which wedding gifts are still in their boxes. Do tell!

I am so not looking forward to writing the 5,200 thank you notes I'll have to do following Isabella's birthday in a few weeks. Such a time-sucker!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Weeks? months? Oh, man, I go years with thank you cards. A total failure in that arena, I am.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

Cursive numbers? ROFL!!!!!! You must have been fun as a kid.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

The thank you notes thingy, I understand. I usually average two months before getting around to them. And unfortunately my mind nags me about them constantly until I get them done.

9:01 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Afraid of plants? It took me a while, but I finally located this awesomely helpful video just for you (tee-hee) : http://www.hulu.com/watch/16417/saturday-night-live-googly-eyes-gardener

7:24 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I have a phobia of clicking on weird body things online. Melasma? *shudder* I'm too afraid to look at pictures of it. Not that I think you have it and look like the hunchback or something...just one of those weird things that makes my heart skip and I have to walk slowly away. (Oh, I looked up a wart the other day and almost passed out!! *YUCK*)

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home