Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Sandals

What I'd wear today if I could: these sandals from Tar-zhay. And you know what? I am wearing them! Yep, I'm sitting here at my computer, wearing them just because I can. That is, until Fly wakes up from his nap and the three-and-a-half-inch heels become a hindrance.

This past weekend, JP, Fly and I were out and about more than usual. For some reason, I kept noticing that there were some exceptionally dressed women. They weren't overdressed; they just looked stylishly casual. It made me feel frumpy. No, not frumpy -- shlumpy. Well, see, I was wearing some new shorts and a nice top, but I still felt I didn't have a look. Do you know what I mean? I kept seeing loose sundresses and metallic gladiator sandals like these:





and I was a little awestruck and felt a little less than fabulous.

Anyway, fast-forward to today, and I had to buy a new vacuum cleaner. (What a glamorous life!) I went to three places looking for one and ended up at Target. With the vacuum stuffed into my cart, I heard the shoe department calling my name. And that's when I found my peep-toe floral-print wedges. (Oh, and a cute little brown knit skirt clearanced for $7.48.) No, they're not metallic gladiator sandals. But they are exactly fabulous. Just ask my feet.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Jen S. said...

You ROCK!!! You gonna wear those this weekend?f

2:10 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I'd rock those heels all day every day! Maybe if my hubby ever gets a job again, I WILL rock the shoes! :)

I'm not big on the metallic flats though... I always think they look bejeweled.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh dear, you tempt me so! Those are FABULOUS!

Steph

2:27 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

oh honey be still my heart!!

those are FAB!!

truly i would jump in the car and go buy me a pair if i weren't so stinkin tall....

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOo I like ... I cannot imagine chasing kids in them but I like ...

3:38 PM  
Blogger Lane said...

3 inch heels holy wow! Still very cute!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

ooooh me like-y the 1st pair :)

BTW - I tagged you over at my blog :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Oooh, cute! I rarely wear heels because:

1) My husband is my height.
2) Oh yeah, three kids.

Still, I covet them like crazy.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Angela Fehr said...

I'm visiting via Scribbit! Love those shoes - Canada totally needs Target!

7:21 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Love the peep toe heels, but sadly don't have much opportunity to wear heels much these days. Sigh. I can't quite get behind the metallic gladiator sandals. Maybe I'm too much of a fuddy duddy.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I have to admit...I'm not a big shoe person...and heels? I think I've worn them...ummm...never! Yeah..it's crazy I know!!! Oh well...those do look like great sandals though...and at last you got some fun stuff while shopping for that vaccuum! ;)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They're still really cute! I love love love shoes and have a closet full of them. The sad thing is I only alternate between a couple of pairs.

P.S. LOVED Scribbit's feature on you!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Those are fabulous! That reminds me I need, need, need a new pair of shoes. Me and Imelda Marcos!

10:14 AM  
Blogger ames said...

I *wish* I could comfortably rock those adorable heels. I'd probably end up just looking cute while sitting down a lot though :) My feet say they like the gladiator sandals better, they're just one teeny bit away from being barefoot!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cute. My feet are so swollen right now, about the only thing they fit into is slippers. So, I'll live vicariously through you!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home