Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Flowy silk

What I'd wear today if I could: This loose, flowy blouse from Marc by Marc Jacobs, found at Bluefly. Today, I feel a need for comfort. But I also have been craving silk. This blouse has a nice fall color (it might look brown on your screen -- it does on mine -- but it's actually a deep wine) and a loose-but-not-too baggy shape. I love how the sleeves are full and then taper because it's hard to wield Crayolas and prepare snacks for little people with long sleeves getting in the way. This fabric also has a slight print, which makes it a little more interesting.

I'd probably wear it with a pair of dark-wash jeans like the mannequin, but, hey, it's silk! This blouse would also go great with a nice pair of pants or a skirt. The neckline is also perfect for wearing your favorite necklace.

Cotton does the job most of the time, but sometimes, even on ordinary days, it's nice to wear something a bit more luxe.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

I'm liking that one a lot. I need some luxe but comfy outfits in my mommy wardrobe.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

Still haven't quelled the silk cravings, eh?

VERY cute ... only I have a 34D and anything baggy makes me look like I am 6 mos preggo. I *could* belt it with a cute silver, loose belt ... hmmmm :)

7:21 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I love that shirt! It would have to be an "out" shirt for me, though, because my girl drools like there is no tomorrow and I'm pretty sure drool and silk don't mix.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

I wish I was wearing that today too!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo that is too cute!!!

1:56 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i'll take two please!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I LOVE that!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

That's a cute top.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Love the color and love silk! (except for laundering it)

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home