Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Love You for Sentimental Reasons


Fly last fall; MissVivi quick page

When I started Growing A Life two and a half years ago, there was no way I could have imagined I would be where I am now -- that the blog would be where it is now. I didn't imagine the friends I would make, the tears of sadness or hysterics you would make me cry, the way I would feel like a better mother for spending time online consuming everything you've written about teething, breastfeeding, tantrums, making sacrifices, watching your babies sleep and falling in love with them every day in a million ways. Blogging -- mainly reading your blogs -- has been a lifesaver and something that keeps me going especially on days when nothing good seems to be happening or when nothing seems to please my high-energy, strong-willed but kind-hearted Fly.

As he grew more independent, last year I started another parenting blog more about our region of the world, as many of you know. (Hi, dual readers!) It has been great to have another place to write about being a mama, Fly's antics or just everyday life. That blog has surprisingly taken on a life of its own, earning me a "Blog of the Day" award from my local newspaper and especially the Nickelodeon Parent's Picks Awards nomination for our region.

Blogging here and there has been fun but also challenging. It's been hard to keep up with who knows me from which blog, how frequently have I posted where and what I said where. I know I've confused more than one of you with my split blog personality. With my baby coming less than a month from now, I know I will want to give him or her -- and JP and Fly -- my attention and not just sit at the computer. That wouldn't make for good blogging anyway.

So I decided Growing A Life will be my more personal blog -- which it already is. I probably won't post as often, but this is where I'll have baby pictures! And Fly photos! And more private news to share. So this blog isn't going anywhere. I'm too sentimental to banish my first love.

If you want to follow me to the other blog, though, I'd be so happy. Hope you'll stop by.

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Lady M said...

I enjoy reading both places!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'll read you here, I'll read you there. I'll read you anywhere. You cannot lose me Damselfly, you cannot lose me so don't try!

7:38 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i voted!! yay for you honey :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Not to worry, I'll keep up on you in both places! Can't wait to hear all about the new addition and Fly's exploits!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Tatiana @ averygoodyear said...

Oh, I'll definitely read you over there as well. You can't shake me! ;)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Totally forgot your other blog. Boo for me. Love you, girl. Congrats on the honours!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Oooo...I've been meaning to put your other blog on my reader, so I'd get around to it more frequently. Can't imagine how you keep up with two blogs. Glad you're not ditching this one though.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You better not go anywhere! I need to see baby pics and hear about adjusting to two!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous chelle said...

I like both places ...

2:02 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

You had me worried there for a moment and I thought you were going to shut down your blog. Can't wait for the pictures.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

How did I not know you had another blog? I swear, I've lost my memory and more brain cells than I care to count since having the twins. And, like the others, I will read both blogs now!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Baby pictures! Yay! I can't wait! :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I had no idea you had another blog...I'll check it out;)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait. What. Are you kicking us out? I want all the personal stuff!!!!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home