Thursday, February 16, 2006

Keeping secrets

Monday, February 6:

My friend tells me she is going to see her doctor because she hasn’t had her cycle in a long time, and she thinks she might be pregnant.

“Really?” I say.

Oh, man, what am I doing? I don’t remember what week I’m on, but I’m keeping this huge secret from my friends. I wish I knew what to do. If I can just hang on a few more weeks -- and if they will forgive me . . . .

She tells me not to tell anyone, and of course, I won’t, but I break the rule just slightly and tell my husband. Does he think we should keep waiting? He desperately wants to tell some of his friends. Maybe the three-month rule is stupid.

But still we tell nobody.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Hey! You blogged about me! No worries, all is forgiven! Give my best to Belly Bean!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home