Friday, June 16, 2006

A truly blind date

Friday, June 16:

Yesterday, Star came over to scan her sonograms and save them on a disc for posterity. The baby is cute! I know it's crazy to think you can tell a baby is cute from a sonogram. But hush up, because I can.

She brought me a giant bundle of maternity clothes that a classmate had given her but which Star didn't want. So today, I enjoyed wearing a pair of cool khaki cargo pants when I had to run some errands at lunch time. (Cool as in thermometrically comfortable.)

I ended up in a plaza where there are a couple restaurants, and a man in a plaid shirt came up to me.

"Are you Debbie?" he asked.

"No," I said, trying to keep a safe distance.

"Oh, sorry, I'm looking for my blind date, and you match her description." (There's that "you look like" phenomenon again.)

And I thought, Man, if your blind date is six months pregnant, you've got bigger worries.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would have made my pregnant day!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

At the clinic we go to when you ask for a print out, they actually bring you a CD with about 30 pics on it and a couple .mpeg's so you can hear the heart beat. It is cool.

No kidding. Was he really looking for a pregnant woman?

Thanks for the visit!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Ha! "Hush up"! You really are from the south. ;)

Maybe that guy was just really open to new possibilities.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home