Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Watch me pull a car seat out of a hat

Wednesday, Oct. 18:

Who breaks a car seat? I have never heard of anyone doing this. I told you I had stroller problems. Now I've shattered the piece of plastic that locks the car seat into the stroller frame. Sharp little red pieces went flying.

JP and I went to buy a new one after Graco said it would replace the car seat. And told me to stop doing hand weights.

And now for my next trick....

Mustering some sympathy for JP. I am the one getting up in the night to feed Flybaby, yet he sleeps in more than he used to before Fly and complains about being tired. Yes, that's right -- he's complaining to me about being tired. He says when Fly wakes up crying, he can't go back to sleep.

Maybe I should put his insomnia to good use rather than wasting it lying in bed....

9 Comments:

Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Amen Sister! Same crappy complaints come out of my husband's mouth. I just say "I FEEL SOOOOOO SORRY FOR YOU!"

12:48 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Reminds me . . . when I had my fourth kid and was ready to check out of the hospital the nurses said our carseat that we'd had 8 years was too old and that we needed a new one before we took the baby home. My husband, ever the common-sense-guru called them on it and said nicely, "so what are you going to do if we don't buy a new one--keep the baby?" They had no reply. I'd always wondered if the stupid things ever broke. Nice to know. :)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll tell you who breaks a carset. A 25-pound 5-month old kid who know at church. Little Larry had to graduate to a different infant one...

5:03 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I feel like beating my husband to death when he says stuff like that. Lucky for him when he does say stuff like that I am too tired to beat him to death.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Wow. You broke a car seat? No more free weights for you.

And tell your husband to suck it up, buttercup. Yes, he gets to complain from time to time but about being tired? He needs to learn to save that complaint for awhile.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want me to come over and hit him for you? I'll bonk his nose with my microphone, which is going to be useless anyway until my voice comes back, lol.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Who's the bigger baby? The newborn or the daddy? We all know the answer to that one.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tell my husband that when he carries a child for 9 months, goes through labor (c-section for us, which is freaky because I hate being cut on) then he can complain. He says all I do is sleep and throw up. He says it jokinly but he still says it. I tell him I have given him 5 children with another on the way and if he doesn't shut his mouth I might make him unble to produce children. So sick and tired of hearing men complain when we do all the hard work. Two minutes of joy for two years of pain and sometimes crying baby.

Babies. (The men, not the actual babies).

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home