Sunday, October 01, 2006

And I quote, "Moo"

Sunday, Oct. 1:

This post by Halushki, mother of a six-week-old and two other children, sums it up for me about breastfeeding:

(Excerpted)

How’s about I stick you with a screaming infant capable of suction pressure of around 450 pounds per square inch and now see how you like standing out in a crowd, you shameless little hussies. Cracked and bleeding? Can’t take the friction? Don’t worry girls. Here. Let me slather you in sheep oil then cover you with cold cabbage leaves. Feeling sexy now, you obnoxious tarts? Wanna complain some more about how that padded bra sometimes itched a little around your delicate edges?! Huh?!. . .

I’ve been breastfeeding nonstop since last Thursday.

I’m starting to get a crick in my neck.

Moo.

- - - - -

Check out her whole hilarious post.

On an up note, JP and I took advantage of the beautiful weather this morning (and, he claims, my need to get out of the house) to go to our favorite cafe for a late breakfast. Flybaby slept outside in his detachable car seat carrier the whole time. It was so peaceful. And no one came up to put their hands in his face or breathe on him.

Sleep in heavenly peace... please, especially at night... I got two two-hour naps last night for sleep.

Zzzzzzzzzzz....

3 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

"Moo"....that cracked me up!

I just weaned Little Guy after 15 months of breastfeeding. I really loved breastfeeding, but I HATED and I emphasize H-A-T-E-D the sleepless nights in the beginning.

You will get more zzzz's in soon, my dear. Hang in there!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

"moo" LOLOLOL!!! I love it!

I'm glad you and JP had a great time at breakfast yesterday. Wasn't it good to get out? ;)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Hang in there mommy! There is a light in that tunnel. My friend told me 6 weeks was the magic number for babies sleeping through the night. She was almost right, if you think 6 hours is sleeping through the night. At that point with a newborn, 6 hours is heaven!

Moo! Moo, moo, moo! I know that language all too well. LOL.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home