Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wardrobe Wednesday


What I'd wear today if I could: these shoes from Payless. Oh,wait -- I can wear these shoes today because I just bought them last week! I love how these shoes have simple lines that will go with a lot of different outfits, yet the chain (on the black shoes) and the string of faux diamonds (on the gold shoes) give these shoes a little oomph. I really needed a couple pairs of closed-toe shoes because it seemed almost everything I own is open-toe or even flip-flops! As a new mom who can't always keep up appearances on the toenail front, it's nice to have some shoes to slip on that don't reveal my chipped nail polish when I need it.

And a note about the gold shoes: they aren't tacky gold, but a nice soft gold -- just enough to be metallic. They are almost beige. This pair also comes in white and green. I went for the gold in memory of my grandmother, who kept a pair of gold strappy sandals in the closet that I loved to try on even though I wasn't supposed to.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

super-cute! Love both pairs. My toes would freeze if I wore them now, given where I live!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

I don't believe you.

;-)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

How sweet you got shoes that remind you of that memory.

Payless, love them, LOVE THEM! For me, for my kids especially.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I love these picks. I have a pair almost exactly like the black ones. Although I tend to invest in expensive shoes for my picky feet (narrow, high arches, size 11), Payless really has some cute styles at great prices. This summer my favorite shoes were a $10 pair sandals from Payless that I wore more than anything else in my wardrobe.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home