Friday, March 30, 2007

Do you know the muffin mom?

Yesterday, I called JP's mother, MM, to ask what we could bring to her house for Easter dinner. I told her I'd bring just about anything.

She said she thought some mini muffins would go well with what else she had planned to serve, and she asked if I had a mini muffin pan she thought she gave me a few years ago.

I looked.

I don't have it.

I really don't remember it. And I definitely wouldn't have gotten rid of it if she had given it to me. I like baking (although I don't do as much now), and I like using fun pans like that.

So JP, who works near his parents' home, comes home from work with a big, flowery bag from his parents with some pretty silk flowers, a couple of cute outfits for Flybaby, a Target gift card, and this:



Two mini muffin pans. Easter mini muffin liners. And a box of muffin mix.

Which begs the question, if MM already had these things, why didn't she make the muffins herself?

Or another question: am I really that incompetent?

Hmm....

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Is MM the mother in law? Hmmm, are you at all insulted?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

It does make one wonder. You have a blessed day.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Mother in laws can be really something, can't they...although, at least you didn't have to go out and buy mini muffin pans... Maybe she realized after she got off the phone with you that she hadn't given the muffin pan to you after all, and she was just trying to be nice and thoughtful...

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUNNY! Here's another idea for the muffin pans: put a ball of peanut butter cookie dough into each cup. Bake for 7 or 8 minutes on 350. As soon as you take them out, put a mini Reese's cup in each cookie (have the Reese's unwrapped and ready to put in the cookie). Let cool completely before removing the cookies from the pan. YUM! Have a great Friday!

12:09 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Is it passive aggressive or nice and sweet / thoughtful?

7:09 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Freaky !

I made that exact pkt of muffin mix for the electrician the other day ( he was working in the rain, and so sweet, it was the least I could do .. and I DON'T BAKE ! :)

But yes, your 'care' pack is a bit OTT .. hmm ;)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Hard to say with JP's mom. Maybe it's just better to assume the best. Another question- are the muffin pans new ones as a gift for you, or are they hers out of her cabinet? Weird that she gave you the mix, though...oh well. Weirder things have happened! :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

You gotta love MILs. :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! If my MIL had given that to me, I would have assumed it was because I said I wasn't for sure I had a mini muffin pan or not. And maybe she just didn't want you to have to run out and buy everything yourself. My MIL is like that. I say I am going to cook and what does she do? She brings dinner herself so I don't have to go to all the trouble. It's all because she is such a lovely person.

On an aside, my MIL has given me three glass Pyrex measuring cups and two flour sifters over the course of two Christmas seasons. I just want a butter dish!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home