Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Facelift update

I lasted two days on the three-day facelift diet. This morning, I felt so weak, I could hardly hold Flybaby. So after the facelift breakfast, I caved and had a multigrain bagel and some light cream cheese. For lunch, I added a little chicken noodle soup. Heresy, I know. But I tell ya, I felt a whole lot better afterwards. Maybe I have low blood sugar and don't know it ...? I'm pretty sure I got a carb gene or something.

But another part of not lasting through day three? JP. With comments like:

"Oh no, a carrot! There's a wrinkle in the making."

"Don't give Flybaby bananas, they're the food of the wrinkle gods!"

"I sure hope you don't end up looking like the people in the 'after' pictures in this book."

Etc.

What can I say, dontcha love a guy who actually encourages his wife to eat chocolate ice cream?

- - - -

Ah, Michelle, ma belle. Vous are so mysterious. You comment all the time, but I am not sure who you are, with no blog and no e-mail. Please e-mail me directly at growingalife at gmail dot com, and we can chat.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

There's no way I'd survive one meal without carbs of some type. You lasted a long time in my opinion. I say wrinkles are the fingerprints of our soul. Smiles lines are GOOD!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I just couldn't do it...I love all types of foods. Wrinkles show the love and wisdom of age...at least that's how I live with myself.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on a similar diet and got ketosis from not having enough carbs. I thought I was going to die. It was like having the flu.

Blech.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried numerous diets over the years... I'm definitely one of those quitters who can't stick it out when the going gets tough. I get too hungry!

Your man rules!

- Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

8:05 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

I'd be sure to cave too!

8:22 AM  
Blogger M said...

Totally off topic-
I'd love to talk to you about the process you went through to publish a book. Can we chat about that?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Mm, ice cream. I think a trip to Coldstone is in order??

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I have that carb gene too. Actually, I think I have several dozen carb genes. My hubs did South Beach once-no carbs at all for two weeks. I believe I would literally die with that kind of diet.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I've started so many diets and quit them the next day... I don't really eat alot on less I'm on a diet that restricts my eating. I'm always hungrier when I know I can't eat as much than I am when I can eat whatever I want...

12:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I could never do without ice cream! I think some wrinkles are a good thing - they show life and character.

1:27 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Dieting with a small bebe ( are you still breastfeeding ? ) - you've got better resolve than me !!

I ate so many Mini Mars-Bars back then !! Pity no-one said I should stop after the little leech stopped feeding off me ( a second on the lips etc .. )

I need my carbs too !

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would argue that chocolate ice cream actually reduces wrinkles. I mean, chocolate reduces stress, and since stress makes you frown, which causes wrinkles... you see where I'm going? lol.


Ari (Baking and Books)

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

egads ... you need energy woman! Sure less that what you need if you want to lose a little but not so much you feel weak!!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home