Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Holiday party fantasy

What I'd wear today if I could: this satin dress by Donna Ricco, from Nordstrom. Well, OK, I wouldn't wear it today, but ever since JP told me about the holiday party his company has planned for the first time since the year our country will always remember, all I can think about is What Am I Going To Wear?! It's not as though JP and I get out much. Now, not only will we be going out, we'll be going out. To a real party. It's a bit overwhelming to a mama who often just pads around the house with her hair in a half-bun. (Yes, that would be moi.) I not only have to think about the dress, but the heels! The hair! The jewelry! And what am I going to say to all those people, anyway? Sigh....

Back to the dress. I love the color, and people tell me I look good in red. I love the soft sheen and the off-center ruching that makes it just a bit different from lots of other dresses. The only down side I see is that I'll be doing lots of arm exercises so I won't have the Evil Upper-Arm Flab (EUAF).

Are you going to a special holiday party this year? What are you going to wear?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

No dress up party this year:( That dress is fab!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Pretty!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I was at JCPenney this weekend and they've got their dresses on sale. 40-50 % off. I meant to call you. Sorry!

3:05 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

great dress.

I just bought a dress for Doug's holiday party for $32 on clearance at Macy's. Love the deals.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... might have to go to Penney's just to see what they have!

We always have a holiday party at my company, complete with a theme (I never understood why the theme, isn't "holidays" enough?). Last year it was "crazy hats" which was fun (I wore my Daisy Duck cap from DisneyWorld, and my husband wore a camo hunting cap). This year the theme is "Mardi Gras," and I have no idea what I'll be wearing. I have a couple lovely dresses in the back of the closet that are a dite too tight. If I can fit into them, I'll wear them. Otherwise, probably another old stanby?

My husband just started a new job last week, and I don't know if they have a holiday party or not.

And right after Christmas we're going to Seattle for our nephew's wedding. Again, no idea what I'll be wearing.

Guess like you, I need to be exercising and watching what I eat so that those beautiful new dresses can be "broken in!"

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home