Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Christmas sweater edition

What I'd wear today if I could: this gorgeous holiday sweater from Boston Proper.

I know what you might be thinking. Something like, What? No red or green? No embroidered Christmas tree, or snowman, or Santa or elves or reindeer or not even one little Christmas ornament or snowflake?!

Er, no.

Although the scrolls sort of look like snowflakes in reverse, no?

The WIWW archives are full of black and white, I know, but you can't lose with a good thing. This sweater is festive without being over the top. And the best part of it is you can wear it even when Christmas is over. You could wear this sweater to your in-laws' house for a casual get-together, or to a party, depending on the bottoms you pair it with and the jewelry you wear.

And if you absolutely must wear red or green, the black and white will go with that, too!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Looks festive to me...I like it!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I wish I was that hot!

Maybe I'll buy something like that when the baby weight comes off!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

That's beautiful!
Somehow, I think that it wouldn't look like that on me, though...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

love it!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I wore black and white to two Christmas parties this weekend. It's classic (or at least that's how I justify it to myself!)

9:42 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

Ilove that sweater!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Great choice -- gorgeous! (I'm not into red or green either.)

12:17 AM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Come on, not even one little embroidered reindeer?!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so classy and -- as you say -- versatile. But I'm sure it helps that the beauty of the model helps a lot here, too.

I clicked on the link to see how much it costs. A bit more than I'd spend, but that's why it's "What I (would) Wear Wednesday," and not "What I Will Wear Wednesday." :D

Couldn't figure out how to do the "Any OpdnId," and I'm not on AIM, Blogger, Google, Typepad, or Livejournal, so...
Signed,
MargieK (http://tinyurl.com/38lwly) ;)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Oh! That is GORGEOUS!!! It's so you!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Beautiful!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Petula said...

I love it. It's perfect for the holidays and beyond. My teenager and I were reading an article (well, I was reading it to her) about clothes to NOT wear. The list included Christmas themed clothes and we were both like, "Amen!" So, this sweater is perfect: elegant, sexy, sophisticated, conservative -- all in one.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I love that. It's really elegant.

5:23 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

that sweater is *gorgeous* !

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home