Friday, December 07, 2007

Songs that stick in your head

There's a song that's been stuck in my head for weeks now -- but it's a good thing. The funny part is, it's from a children's music album for Fly called That Baby CD. The Happiness Runs/Circle Game medley is so fun and sweet that I find myself singing it all the time.

That Baby CD -- and the corresponding video That Baby DVD -- is a great concept for children's music. (I would know, because Fly has a stack of music a foot high already.) I reviewed the CD and DVD as part of the Parent Bloggers Network, and I confess it's my favorite thing to review so far! I love how the creators have updated regular popular music for kids, including Brass in Pocket by the Pretenders (when it comes on, I pretend I'm Chrissie Hynde), These Are the Days by 10,000 Maniacs, Three Little Birds by Bob Marley and Anything Is Possible by Jonny Lang. The DVD has several of the songs set to video of children playing, which is fun for Fly to watch. What I really like about the DVD is each song uses a different artistic style in the video -- it could be a cartoon, live action or simple animation. You can view part of the DVD here.

The best part of the CD and DVD is these are songs Fly can grow up with. His lullaby music will eventually be tossed aside (sob!), but That Baby CD will stay in rotation for a while to come. I imagine Fly learning to sing the songs and getting them stuck in his head just like me!

If you want to order the CD or DVD, you can use the discount code PBN to get 20% off! There's a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee, and you can get a lifetime replacement on your DVD and/or CD.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

The life time guarantee is pretty tempting!
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

1:48 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Fun! I love kids' music personally! ;)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I tend to cringe at CD's meant for the kids, but I have seen a few positive reviews of this one. Perhaps I will try it...

3:10 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Sounds like a nice gift.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Very cool!

10:21 PM  
Blogger redeemed diva said...

Ha! Love your blog--especially the note about Facebook on the side. I have the occasional rant about Facebook on my blog!
I have had my fair share of baby tunes stuck in my head--it's a different day when you are alone by yourself, humming, 5 little ducks went out to play...

1:45 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

in my case, they are mostly the one hit wonders that get stuck in my head.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am always looking for great CDs that don't grate on me. That looks darling! :-)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lifetime guarantee! WHOO HOO! At the moment though we don't have a dvd set up!!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home