Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Hair accessories

What I'd wear today if I could: anything to get this mop off the back of my neck! I have freakishly thick hair that I get thinned once or twice a year, and even so, it's almost unbearable in the summer.

If I were brave, I'd just cut it all off. Until I gain courage, though, I'll keep my hair up in ponytails and twists with the likes of these:



This barrette from Asos.com. With a flower like this in my hair, I'd feel like I was on vacation in Hawaii, or possibly attending a Hollywood movie premiere. (Hey, a mama can dream!)



I found this hair stick on Etsy. It's just gorgeous! I know it's too dressy for every day, but how could you pass up on something so beautiful?



A hair stick/hair slide/bun wrap/barrette like this one from Forever 21. This kind of hair harness has been called all kinds of names. Whatever you call it, this is my favorite way to put up my hair. It's especially effective if I leave my hair curly and let some curls poke out the top.

What do you do with your hair in the summer?

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Those are so pretty and might be a much lovelier way to put up my hair. I just use a boring rubber band.

8:33 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Those pretty clips make me wish I hadn't chopped all my hair off!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Delightfully Sassy said...

I nominated your blog for best parenting blog on http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/. I read it every day! Thank you for blogging.

9:51 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

i get bad short choppy layers and wish i had long hair to put up in those to die for hair clips.

:(

maybe next summer?

9:51 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

They are beautiful and now I feel like such a SLOB with my ole twistee bun!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I love all of these, and wish I could wear them. Unfortunately, since my hair is so thin, I keep it so short, it won't even fit into a ponytail.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos. I'd like to get a butterfly like that for my friend's hair.

12:36 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

That's the bad thing about short hair..no cute accessories. But I will say, my hair is NOT hot!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Cute! Sadly, my hair is too short (and freakishly fine) to wear clips.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

OK, all you short- and fine-haired peeps! You gals can rock cute little barrettes and headbands like nobody's business. I know -- I've seen ya.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't worn barettes since I was 12! But these are cool!

BTW, did you know that pic is of Britney Spears? i just edited it! DOH!

4:34 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

Oh my gosh, those are beautiful! What am I doing with a plain old rubber hair band?!

10:31 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

I have crazy thick hair too. all goes back in a pony tail during the hot, summer months.

11:38 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Thin hair. Barrettes and clips and pins don't stay. When it was long and I braided it, my braid was about the diameter of 2 pencils side by side. I chopped it off with some light layering and now it LOOKS thicker, even if it ain't. It's also off my neck which makes me very happy!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Pretty! I've been thinking a lot about hair accessories lately. These ones are so summery...

11:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

ohhhhh I like!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love the idea of flowers in my hair. I have long, thick hair too, and should have fun with it. But alas, I usually just brush it and go.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home