Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Just phoning it in?

For the past week, I've gone without my usual hijinks partner, Guinevere, while she spends time with her family. Fly and I have had to try to have some fun without her and Lance, Fly's best little buddy. It's been hard, though.


Friends don't let friends near husbands with cameras


O how I miss my friend

While friendless, a funny thing has happened: Fly and I have found three new fun things to do that we might not have discovered if we hadn't been swimming in their pool while they're gone had to rely on our peeps' good will to hang out with us. And I can't wait to surprise them with these fun new places.

This only serves to make me ask whether I'm trying too hard to entertain Fly, or not trying hard enough when it comes to my friends!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

You're so funny! Have you read "Naptime is the New Happy Hour"? If not, definitely pick it up. It's a hilarous take on parenting toddlers, and one of the points the author makes is that mothers spend an inordinate amount of time toting their kids here, there, and everywhere in the name of "entertainment." I know I'm certainly guilty!

8:23 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

that first picture is too flippin funny!!

and "o" how cute is that picture of fly :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I find myself worrying every day that I'm either doing too much or too little in the entertainment department for my daughter. Too much and she'll be one of those hyperstimulated kids that always has to be entertained and too little and she won't develop right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, those blond curls on Fly are just to die for!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

You crack me up! That first picture--I'm speechless. It's too funny.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

You do look like you might be going a little crazy in their absence...:-)

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like you have a lot of fun no matter who's around. Good on you!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Fly is so cute!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

We're BA-ACK!!!

We missed you too!

I'm excited about these new places you want to show us!!! I've got to get my car fixed though, so it'll either have to wait a few days, or you'll have to drive us. Are these places which require strollers?

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home