Thursday, July 10, 2008

You might be a reformed white-trash mom if...

I've heard you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. Once a country girl, always a country girl?

Is that true for white trash too?

What I mean is, maybe I'm white trash and don't know it. Or maybe I'm still white trash -- just a little bit reformed.

Tell me what you think:

You dress your child in camo,



but the pajamas are from Baby Gap.

You own a pair of faded, frayed shorts like this,



but you never wear them.

You often look like you're still in the 80s,



but only because you just woke up and haven't done your hair yet.

Your husband keeps a pair of rusting motorcycles in the yard,



but, well, I have no defense here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Well, I can't beat the shorts, but I have way more stuff rusting in the backyard than you can shake a stick at. Try a whole car and some industrial baking racks. Oh and we even have old farm equipment that trees have grown around and into. Does that count if we weren't the one's who left it there? :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

haha...you are too funny. Oh and btw...I dress my kids in camo every chance I get! hehe. :)

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha the motorcycles topped it off eh?
Our little guy has a pair of camo pj's from the gap too! hehe

3:58 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Don't stress - I'd say you're definitely reformed! Just holdin' on to a few things for memory's sake, which is a good thing!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Reformed . . . you are hiliarious. This post gave me a good laugh.

BTW - I think you look great in the morning. The natural thing is in.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh, the rusting motorcycles clenched it!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh I though camo was in...

I'm obviously not "in."

4:50 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

are you saying big hair is a problem?

One time I used the diffuser on my hair and it was pretty big, but I thought it looked pretty good. I came out of the bathroom and my husband wanted to know which glam rock group I was getting ready to join.

I pulled it back that day.

6:39 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Wait, is looking like you're in the eighties bad? Crap.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

It is the motorcycles that truly condemns you. Lol!

8:07 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Love the motorcycles.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love how you are so willing to just put it all out there - camo pj's and all :~)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Hahaaha

2:14 AM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Or maybe if you have an extra mattress sitting in your hallway because you don't want to take it downstairs. Because you know, an extra mattress in the basement is always a good thing. You never know when some extra friends or family might need to spend a couple of nights on your floor!

I don't even think it makes me reformed. Just lazy AND trashy.

But the shorts. Oh, the shorts!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home