Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Spring

What I'd wear today if I could: Some fresh spring styles. By reading posts from around the blogosphere, some of you have been lucky enough to get a taste of spring weather already. But many of you have gotten extra helpings of Old Man Winter in recent weeks and can't believe you'll ever thaw out. Either way, spring does officially start in a couple weeks, so . . . there's something to look forward to.

As I did last fall, I thought I'd do a roundup of trends I've noticed. This isn't the complete spring trend list or some kind of fashion forecast like I know what I am talking about. Just some fun things to mention.

The thing that gets me every spring is I read somewhere that florals and soft/feminine/romantic looks are in style. Well, no kidding. They are every spring. They usually say nautical looks are in for spring too. Every single year.

With that in mind, it's true -- ruffles seem popular. They can be sweet:


Ann Taylor Loft ruffle top

Or sassy:


Bebe ruffle cami

Skirts are on the full side, whether just at the knee:


Charlotte Russe cutout skirt

Below the knee:


Lauren Ralph Lauren dot-print skirt

Or well above it:


Kensie watercolor skirt

But slim, tailored pencil skirts are also very big.

Speaking of big, the maxi is still going strong:


Victoria's Secret maxi dress


New York and Company maxi dress

Pants seem to run the gamut from really slouchy . . .


Victoria's Secret beach pant


Calvin Klein cropped cargo pants

To tailored, but wide-legged . . .


Victoria's Secret Marisa pant


Michael Michael Kors wide-leg jeans

To skinny, hitting above the ankle and paired with some substantial shoes:


DKNYC zipper-ankle pants


BCBGeneration ankle skinny pants

Speaking of shoes, they seem to have more substance to them -- like they're more there:


Anthropologie crowd pleaser wedges


Nine West papoose pump


American Eagle espadrilles

And I've seen a lot of drawstring bags, or at least bags that look as though they have a drawstring:


Michael Michael Kors satchel


Aeropostale drawstring bag

All-white outfits are popular in some stores, but bright colors really seem to stand out this spring -- even fluorescent colors, if you want to go that bright. (Hello again, 1984!)

What are you looking forward to wearing this spring?

If you want to be a guest WIWW poster in the coming weeks, please let me know!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger groovyoldlady said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.

I was just thinking about Groovy guest posting on fashion.

*snort*

6:20 PM  
Blogger Marz said...

man with the exception of the polka dot skirt & the last pair of shoes all of those I would wear & I really like too. Wish I had the money to buy all of it, lol.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I like the maxi dress. It looks like it would cover a lot - except in my case it might look like a moo moo.

7:03 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I love capris. I would wear them year round if I could. I do love the maxi dresses, but I'm going to have to lose a lot of weight before they don't look muumuu.

7:31 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i want to buy seven maxi dresses. one for every day of the week. i seriously want to live this entire spring and summer in one of those things!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Good Lord...will it ever be spring? It's so cold here:P
Cute baby shot below;)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Nice fashion roundup! If I had the budget I'd be looking forward to sporting some new flirty, ruffly tops, and a few new skirts and dresses. It looks, though, like I'll be sportin' the same ole' jeans and t-shirts. Maybe I'll run into some good bargains soon.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maxi dresses are so cute! Even the curvy in the right places girls can enjoy them.

I look forward to skirts and t's this spring.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Oh, the maxi. It's everywhere. But when you're only 5'2, the maxi is not so flattering, although I really, really wish it were because it's just so cute.

I'm looking forward to tshirts. Lame, but true!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ug. I have to say that I think ankle pants are ugly with a capital U. That trend should be outlawed.

I do like the fuller skirts, however.

What would I wear today? Anything comfy and stretchy - preferably something that is forgiving of my postpartum belly.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home