Sunday, February 22, 2009

Joy in the paradox

In these days when I alternate between sleeplessness and not having the chance to sleep enough ... when I look forward to meeting my baby for the first time while wishing I had more time until the baby arrives ... when I feel young while acting as Fly's playmate but old while enforcing the rules ... when I express thanks for the life JP and I have been blessed with yet still feel there should be more ... I know there is joy in the paradox.

Like a boy who runs so fast he seemingly levitates.



A stolen solitary moment to dream, scheme and visualize despite my lack of energy to do anything about it.



Realizing how colorful life really is, while often feeling drab myself.



And enjoying the beauty of small things that are, collectively, rather grand.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I really cherished my moments with D before his little sis arrived. I felt like they really taught me a lot and showed so much beauty.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll never be a mom of 1 again. That's pretty cool, but great to enjoy while you can!

10:26 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Great post! I loved "boy who runs so fast he seemingly levitates!"

12:45 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

This was a very good post. I love your thoughts...so sweet.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Life is, indeed, so colorful.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Yep...I know what you feel like. :) Great post...and it really does look like he's running so fast he leviates in that first pic!! ;)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Wonderful. Bless you, lady!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

sweet post!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Lovely post. Keep enjoying the beauties the paradox brings.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Seems there's never enough time in a day...

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! Life is full of color.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

What a beautiful post, sweetie!

I LOVE how it looks like Fly is levitating in that picture!!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally took time to celebrate just Becca and I, the last few months that I was pregnant with Ethan ... I hope to do the same this time once i am feeling better :)

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post :] Thanks for the smile.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home