Friday, February 06, 2009

Help me figure out the unsolved mystery

My mother, Cammy, thinks she is pretty clever.

She called me last week to say she sent me a package . . . and that the package has a hidden message.

How very mysterious!

The suspense nearly killed me!

One thing you can't do to me is tell me you have a surprise or some news and then leave me hanging. GAH! JP does this to me all the time! Mainly, because he knows it drives me crazy. I love surprises, but don't tell me about it beforehand.

Luckily, I survived to receive and open my mother's package. I had assumed it was a little Valentine's Day gift for Fly. But this is what she sent:





OK. Grandma's cookies. I get it -- she's a grandma. (All her grandkids call her Nan.) There are two cookies in the package, and two cookies in the card -- and I will have two children come June.

But Nan's package also contained this:



The label is "Clear Crystale."

I've never been a real detective type, so I'm hoping you, teh internets, could help me out.

Am I reading too much into it? Or am I just that dense?

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Mozi Esme said...

You've only succeeded in getting me curious! Do let us in on the secret when you've uncovered it! (The cookies were really cute, btw)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Uh, does she think you're going to have another boy, maybe? Something's obviously crystal clear to her, but not to us. Good luck with that one, and do tell when you figure it out.
I'm with you on the extreme dislike of knowing that a surprise is coming. I totally can't handle it.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

So she wants you to name the baby Crystal? Or Clear? :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

I'm clueless, but TOTALLY curious!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I'm not very good at this type of thing! I would not be able to sleep.
Maybe she thinks that you're having twins ;)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

No idea!

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! Scribbit's funny.

Honestly no idea. Can't wait to find out, though!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I have no idea. It's pretty though.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

Hmm. I don't get it, either.

1:17 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

no clue friend :(

has she told you yet?

2:24 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I think it's crystal clear to her that you're going to have TWINS!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hmmm. Nope. Nothing is coming to me!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Clueless...

12:27 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

It is a mystery! Maybe groovyoldlady has the right idea. You've got to keep us updated!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe the responses you have received are hilarious!

Cute set .. maybe she just wanted to spoil you a little?

7:04 PM  
Blogger ames said...

maybe there's some sort of secret code with the gems in the necklace and birth stones? Or maybe she looked into her clear crystal ball and discovered you are actually baking two enormous cookies instead of twins...?

1:50 PM  
Blogger bernthis said...

where does she live: maybe she is saying gradma is going to fly clear across the country to come see you. Wants you to name your kids, "Crystal and Cookie?"

10:53 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm quite late getting around to reading this (been quite absent from the blogosphere) and was hoping the answer was embedded here in the comments...but I'm still clueless. Did you ask her yet? Did she tell you?

The real mystery is why my speller doesn't like the word blogosphere. It's a perfectly good word!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home