Thursday, February 12, 2009

Someday, I might visit the Bahamas and actually not be pregnant

So over the weekend, we went to the Bahamas (I know!) to celebrate our anniversary. It was a wedding anniversary for JP and me, but it was also a sort of anniversary for Fly, who visited the Bahamas in utero on our "babymoon."

Although it's been a year and a half since Fly got his passport, this was his first international trip. (Come to think of it, it was also his first out-of-state trip.)

But Fly discovered some aspects of international travel aren't all that glamorous, like waiting in lines at the cruise port before the sun even rose.



The promise of getting on a big boat helped, though.



And it was great to look out our cabin window and see the ocean.



Or not.

The cabin was small, and the beds were slightly more comfortable than ambulance stretchers, and some characters think it's funny to photograph people while they are sleeping.



When we settled into our resort in Port Lucaya, we discovered in a cruel slap from Mother Nature that the temperature was actually a bit cooler in the Bahamas than it was at home. For about two hours, though, it was warm enough to play on the beach.





We also spent some time in the marketplace square, which couldn't be more charming.



At nighttime, there is live music in the square. Fly asked me to dance.



But he quickly turned his attention to another woman.



I couldn't compete with that.

It was fun going back to the same place we went to three years ago, only this time with friends -- and a toddler.

Not much had changed there since last time. See? Here I was, six months pregnant with Fly:



And back again, four months along with our little Junebug:



Even if I couldn't enjoy the fruity Bahama Mama drinks, I guess I kind of am a Bahama Mama.



JP and I are so glad we went back -- and we feel so blessed to have each other and celebrate another year of togetherness.

Labels: , , , , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Kirsetin Morello said...

That looks great and warm, even if it isn't. You are, indeed, a Bahama Mama!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip. It's going to -20 here today, so it looks plenty warm to me :)

Great photos.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a blast... Perhaps you would not even like the Bahamas if you were not pregnant... I am not sure I would try it if I were you!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe cute that you head there only when pregnant! You look fabulous btw!

Glad you had a great second babymoon!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Looks like you had a nice trip. I love that you took a photo in the same spot as when you were babymooning with Fly. BTW - your hubby is lucky that you were a good sport about the sleeping photo.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky!

And you look fantastic!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

That looks like so much fun, but you still need to go when you aren't pg too!

7:54 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

What a fun trip! I still kick myself for not taking a babymoon.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

It totally looks awesome. And you? Are one hot Bahama Mama!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate. I have to say you look marvelous pregnant. You carry so well. You hardly look like you have a belly. I was so HUGE at six months - some wondered if I was due soon. :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

How fun! The bahama's...what I wouldn't give to visit there right now and get outta this freezing wintery land. ;) Oh well! It looks like you had a great time though!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You're such a tiny pregnant woman!!! And your hair looks lovely. So long!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

What a lovely holiday! Maybe the Bahamas gives your children sunny dispositions. :)

1:43 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Wow, the Bahamas! Sounds fantastic.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I am so insanely jealous of you right now. Is it okay to hate you, just a little bit? ;)

If you hadn't mentioned it, I never would have guessed you were 6 months pregnant in that photo, or that you're four months along now. Seriously, you look unbelieveable. So glad you had a great time.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You look fantastic! I'm jealous about the cruise too.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow beautiful pictures

4:26 AM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

Those are some WONDERFUL pictures of you and Fly! (Even the sleeping one. I'm sure you'll come to treasure it!)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What. A. Blast! How would it be to just jet down to the Bahamas for the weekend? One of the advantages of your location.

Love, love the pictures!

12:18 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

You are a BEAUTIFUL Bahama Mama!! :-D

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Bahama Mama!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Looks like fun. You look fabulous, by the way!

I bought that same octopus fleece fabric before my son was born (almost two years ago) and still haven't made it into a blanket. Maybe I'll do it for his birthday. Yeah, I've heard that one before!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home