Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: The scarf

What I'd wear today if I could: the scarf. You know, the scarf that supposedly everyone is wearing, like maybe this one from Free People.

Several months ago, I saw a woman wearing a simple multicolored scarf and thought it looked nice. Then I found a neutral scarf I liked.

But I haven't worn it.

Since then, I've seen lots of scarf wearing.

A friend of mine has been wearing the scarf. "All the women on The Bachelor are wearing scarves," she told me, because she knows I hardly watch TV.

I know I should pull out my scarf and try it out. I'm not sure what's stopping me. It could be a case of out of sight, out of mind. Or maybe it's my fear that my already short neck will disappear completely.

Maybe I just need something more trendy or patterned, like this one from Bebe:



Or maybe this is a trend that I will just watch come and go.

What do you think about the scarf?

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a high school teacher who wore scarves all the time and they were just adorable. She was my French teacher though, so it kind of suited her that way.

For me, I think scarf and my brain goes to OH GOD SNOW AND ICE AND COLD. I love the idea of them as a bold accessory but I'm not sure that I'm sold on them as of yet.

That said, the first picture in this post is uber cute. Maybe this hang up is just me being behind the times!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

LOVING the scarf!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarves are so survival up here I am not sure I could wrap it around my head (haha pun) to wear one for fashion.

11:35 AM  
Blogger In transit said...

Scarf = WARM!! When it's so cold, I couldn't care less what it looked like, it just makes such a difference to the shivvers!!
Mind you, a funky scarf really can 'make' the outfit :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I love that first scarf! I hardly wear them since they seem excessive - but they dress up things so nicely when I do take the time... (I actually wore them a lot while pregnant, for some reason.)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I wear scarves a lot, and I love them! :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Also a scarf fan over here... have you heard of "stuff white people like" ? Haha... can't wear a scarf without a little smile, now.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

I'm a huge fan of scarves!! I have a ridiculously large collection of them.

1:34 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

pretty sure i am not cool enough for scarves.

i want to be. but pretty sure i am not that cool

1:55 PM  
Blogger Lane said...

mn winter=scarf love! I have 5 different ones. But now this baby is making me to hot to wear them.
I would say go for it!

5:21 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Not sure what I think about scarves as a fashion accessory. I wear them for functionality all winter, but rarely as a part of my outfit. I never know exactly how to tie them and I feel self-conscious.

9:46 PM  
Blogger mollie said...

I love scarves, too. I feel like a dork wearing them, though
:)

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they both look great. I used to have one just like the 2nd, back in the 80's.

I'm weird about accessories these days. I think they look great on other people. I buy them and then don't wear them because I feel 'noticed' when I have them on. I like to go 'unnoticed'.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I don't like the scarf. I think EVERYONE looks the same wearing those scarves. Unless that's the goal? Uniformity?

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home