Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Fall

What I'd wear today if I could: anything that says fall is here! Because I so wish fall was here. I am tired of the heat, humidity and hurricane scares. I want to put on a cozy sweater and not worry about cooking my internal organs while driving in my heat-trap car.

So today, I have a WIWW fall extravaganza of the trends as I see them. I don't claim to know the entire fall fashion agenda. These are just some fall looks I've noticed again and again. Take a deep breath, relax your shoulders, and let's look at some delicious fall wardrobe candy.

The first thing I noticed about fall trends is color. Bold colors are back. Magenta or red (but especially magenta) with gray or black -- I can't remember how many stores I've seen with windows featuring outfits in this color combo.





This magenta outfit also includes another fall trend, which is a long cardigan and a skinny belt.

So, colors are bold, and prints are too:









(I just included this tattoo tee because I think it's cute and fun.)

Every few years, it seems, sleeves get some attention, and now it's sleeves' turn again. There are a lot of bell sleeves, especially in a shorter length:







This look is a related trend, which is short-sleeve sweaters. I don't understand why you'd wear a sweater with short sleeves, but I've noticed this a lot.

Ruffles are a hit, so if you like 'em, you can get your girly on in full force.





And boots, oh, the boots! The first presidential candidate to promise not a chicken in every pot, but a pair of chic ankle boots to every woman, should definitely win the election. Ankle boots of any height seem to be where it's at, especially if they have one to three buckles.







(I just included these Doc Martens because they're so darn cute! I really would wear these today if I could. With that tattoo tee and some jeans. I don't even care they don't match.)

So anyway, I don't think my day-to-day clothes are going to change much, but it doesn't hurt to window shop -- that's the closest I'm going to get to fall for a few more months....

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

oh how i love to window shop.

you picked out some lovely finds friend...

maybe this fall i might do more than window shop :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

I'm with you. I am so ready for fall!! I can almost taste it and smell it. Early in the morning, I can even just barely feel it. Then I'm hit with the reality that I'm swimming in split pea soup kind of weather. It's coming though, slowly but surely. I feel a fall outfit splurge coming on. :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I was with you until the Doc Martins. Oh, and WHY can't I look like those women?

7:42 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I am so excited for fall clothes. Some of these I really like, others just won't work on my body, like the cardigan with a skinny belt.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

I adore the pants in the 1st photo!! And I like bell sleeves, just can't cook in them :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm so done with summer too. I'm tired of being hot all the time. Love those docs!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't want to break it to you but you included MORE than one outfit for your What I'd Wear Wednesday. So, unless you're like Hadley and change your outfit 20X a day, I'd say tone it down a bit!!!!!! :)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I LOVE your picks!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did some fall shopping myself last night. On the short sleeved sweaters...I bought a thin one last night. I've decided they are for people in the South. We want to wear fall clothes, but really we can't except for the colors. It's still too dang hot. So a short sleeved sweater lets you feel like you are embracing Fall even when it may be sweltering outside.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I just don't get all these jackets with 3/4 length wide sleeves. They are everywhere in the stores. If I want sleeves on a jacket, then give me sleeves. And don't give me really wide sleeves that are going to get caught in car doors or allow cool autumn air up them.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home