Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday



What I'd wear today if I could: something easy by the late Liz Claiborne like this outfit. Classic.

Liz passed away last month, leaving a legacy of offering designer clothes for the hoi polloi (for the most part). Her empire includes Juicy Couture, Kate Spade and DKNY Jeans, among many others.

In the 80s, my stepmother, Anne, was crazy for Liz Claiborne. And I just didn't get it. To me then, the clothes Anne liked seemed plain. Now I understand the benefit of simple, classic clothes -- especially now as a mom, when I usually don't have the time or energy to try to pull together a cute outfit. If you have the basics, then you can't go wrong because almost anything will go together.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is EXACTLY my kind of outfit. LOVE IT!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bon said...

i'd wear that too. though i'm not quite sure the jeans would look the same on me, alas.

i didn't know Liz Claibourne had died...

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Liz was also JC, DKYY & Kate!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

This feature is so creative and fun. I always look forward to seeing what you pick out every Wednesday.

In fact, I like it so much that I did a similar post on my blog - just for today - http://stephaniesheaffer.blogspot.com.

Thanks for the inspiration.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks comfy!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

I love Liz Claiborne shoes in particular, they have just the right amount of heel and still look classy.

3:30 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Oh no...gotta have more COLOR in that shirt!!!! Otherwise, I think that's ME in that photo. Except I'm a little shorter.

and plumper.

and my hair is straight

and I have bangs

and glasses

and coffee stains on the undershirt!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I didn't know liz claibourne passed away, I'm so out of it. I used o wear her perfume, when I was younger, no kids and single and my man gave it to me for Christmas. I suppose TJ Maxx carries her clothes!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home