Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Silly!"

Tuesday afternoon. Fly is not napping. Mama is not happy.

I slip into another room just for a few minutes of peace apart from a Tasmanian devil leprechaun an overtired little angel.

When I come out, Fly runs to me and hugs my legs as if he hasn't seen me all day. I pick him up, and he shows me one of his latest tricks: an open-mouth kiss. (He hasn't learned to put his lips together yet.)

Then I see a diaper on the floor.

I check exactly what it is I'm holding in my arms.

"Fly, you little nudie!"

His eyes light up, and he smiles.

"You took off your diaper!"

"Silly!" Fly says.

And in spite of myself -- and surprised at his developing sense of humor -- I agree.

"Yes, you are silly!"

And a future class clown is born....

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oh I'm so glad this post didn't go where I thought it was. Because my son would have pooped before he took his diaper off.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Hunter did that to help his Daddy and made a poo-poo-train down the stairs - grooooossssss. So glad this was a happy story.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe what a trickster!

8:22 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

oh he is silly :)

love those moments too where you try so hard not to giggle. but they seem to break you everytime!!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

LOL! Isn't it amazing how when we are at our wits end, they find a way to make us laugh?

9:36 AM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

I hate when kids don't nap!

I have a friend who had to duct tape her kid's diaper on at naptime or else the kid would take it off and paint the walls with poop. Fun, right?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

OK, I also thought you were heading down the path that leads to poop. And stained carpet. And lots of cleaning!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

A great memory! Love it.

9:32 AM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

He's a cutie pie---and that story had a better ending than I thought it might have---diapers coming off can lead to problems! ;)

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home