Friday, July 25, 2008

In appreciation

I don't want to sound like a big sap, but lately I have been feeling so grateful for what life has brought me. It's a good feeling -- a warm feeling -- and makes me feel a little bit surprised (as in, "Hey! Look what I have!"). And it always, always makes me feel rich.

I'm thankful, of course, for my family and home.



And my extended family.





I feel lucky to live in a place so beautiful.





I appreciate days when clouds move across the sky like a painting in motion



but also when those clouds remind us what they're made of.



I am thankful for music.



I am grateful for times when I feel small



and times when I feel humbled



but also when I feel I'm a part of something larger than myself.



On trying days -- or when weeks go by and I feel the universe is after me, it's hard to remember what I have to be grateful for.

But my memory lapse doesn't last long.

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I know just how you feel.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Great post and beautiful photos!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

You said it!

(K has that same microphone...man it can get irritating sometimes!)

Gorgeous photos too.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I've been thinking of getting P a microphone. Do you recommend that one?

11:33 PM  
Blogger Cleo said...

i understand how you feel .. thanks for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy my freebie!! have fun!!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

what a sweet post. my favorite picture is the shoes in the sand!

I should take grateful moments more often. Thanks for the inspiration!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Beautiful! Such a lovely reminder that there are always so many things to be grateful for.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

That was just beautiful in words and pictures.

9:50 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

That was beautiful! I love the handholding picture. So sweet!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

So beautiful! I also love the handholding picture! Once again, I think I'm going to copy you!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are not a sap! It is so wonderful to be thankful and share that thankfulness with us! Thank you!

Steph

3:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So much for which to be grateful. What a wonderful reminder post!

5:36 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

beautiful post friend.

and the hand holding picture - best ever!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Awesome. Blessings, girl!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Great post. I need to remember things like this more often.

1:29 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

nice reminders!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw....that was so sweet! Thank you for such a heart-warming photo-message.

Hugs ~
Cassandra

4:23 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

what a lovely post, and pictures

( the front of your house looks really unusual and beautiful ! )

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

this is like a prayer. And a good one at that.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Jenn (Life's Sweet Melody) said...

Beautiful!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

What a gorgeous life it is. Beautiful

2:07 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

It is certainly great to recognize the happy/peaceful times in life. Hope it continues for a long time. :)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

How great to stop and remember!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home