Friday, July 11, 2008

Another BlogHer-nia

How come so many cool bloggers are named Amanda, Stephanie, Jodi, Melissa and Heather? How come so many cool bloggers live in Kansas, Georgia, New York, DC and Chicagoland? Maybe I should move and change my name.

And how come I can't find any of my favorite pregnant/newly-given-birth bloggers' baby registries online? Ahem.

Anyway, next Friday is DUM DUM DUM! The first day of the big BlogHer conference that half the bloggers I know are going to. I am not going. Last year, I didn't go either and made this button you can snag if you want to:



Growing A Life is just for fun, so the only reason for me to go would be to meet you amazing people with your cool names and cool hometowns. San Francisco is too far away for a party, however, even for a fun-loving person like me.

So....

Just like last year, I'm bringing back the I'm Not Going to BlogHer chat!

That's right, I can now say it's the Second Annual Growing A Life I'm Not Going to BlogHer Chat (or Sagaling-TBC for short)!

If you're not going to BlogHer next Friday (a week from today), please feel free to come to the chat room that I will set up and have a link to. If I can't meet you at BlogHer, at least I can chat with you. Feel free to spread the word.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger jodifur said...

I'm hoping to be at the chat. What time?

4:34 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

Oh, I just added the button and the chat info on my site.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

ooo sounds fun! I hope I remember since my memory isn't that...huh? What was I saying?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

What really annoys me is that had we not moved I could have gone so easily. Now I am stuck out here. Oh well. At least I can chat with you.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I'm not going either. I have never been to a BlogHer event.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are so funny. I will be sure to send people over here for that button! I am only going for the socializing, too! And I don't have a registry. I don't think you do that sort of thing when you are on baby #4, do you?

Steph

12:19 AM  
Blogger Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Hmmm. . . not sure I will be able to make it to the chat. I would love to, but I am going to be at my out-laws that weekend. I never realized that we selected BlogHer weekend for this visit, what was I thinking?

Have fun chatting :)

6:47 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

pretty sure you have the coolest blogger name out there!! really when i opened my magnets i was like omg that's her real name? i love her even more now!!

not lying. my husband said i was a dork.

anyways - would love to do the chat but we are taking a quick road trip. not sure if i will be connected, but if i am i am totally in :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

I like that button. Why do you have to be involved w/ that conference to be considered a "good blogger"? I don't get it.

I write what I write and I'm not sure I'd want to sit around and listen to other people tell me what I should be writing. You know?

If the time's right, I'll come chat with ya.

11:10 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Great idea! I'll definitely check back in for details. I would like to go to Blogher just to meet some of the really cool people whose blogs keep me entertained, but it is just too far, too soon, too expensive...maybe another year.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I'm not going either!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The ONLY reason I'm going to BlogHer is for the people. But when folks like you aren't going, what's the point?
Sigh.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in ... We are too busy living to head out to a conference, but this blogging gig is all about living for me.Documenting life. though the conference sounds cool. Maybe in another lifetime :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I participated in this chat last year, but this year I'm going! I can't wait to meet all of those big city bloggers. I'm just a smaller city Arizona girl myself. ;)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Unfortunately, I won't be going to BlogHer and I won't be able to do the chat room. No, I get to go up to the mountains for a Celtic Festival, where the temp will be about 80 deliciously cooling degrees. Have fun, though!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! I wouldn't fit in there at all, but I'd love the parties I'm sure! It is so expensive to fly anywhere from here that it would hardly be worth it. I have kids to raise, anyway, so I'll stay home. ;-)

12:13 AM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Oh, I'll be here with you! Can't wait to chat! ;)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

I snagged the no go button. Wish I were though. It sounds fun. I blog for fun, but I would love to learn more tricks.

When is your little soirée?

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home