Thursday, February 16, 2006

More FBI gripes

Wednesday, February 15:

I missed a call from my doctor’s office and had to call back. Seems they want to reschedule my appointment next week.

“Hi, this is [My Name], and I’m returning your call to reschedule my appointment.”

The FBI put me on hold.

“You want to reschedule your appointment?”

“Yes, you said the doctor would be in surgery.”

“Who is this?”

Are they hearing anything I say?!

I got put on hold again, gave my information again, and finally got a chance to barter a different appointment time.

What is with these front desk people?

My husband says people usually tune out the first few seconds of every phone call because they are expecting chitchat. But come on, if you’re calling a doctor’s office, how much chitchat can you really make?

The more I think about it, the more I believe it’s not just my OB/GYN’s office. When I think about the other physicians I visit, nearly every one of them have nasty front desk people.

It really makes physicians look bad. Listen up, doctors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home