Monday, December 18, 2006

Dear Target


Dear Target:

You and I have had quite an affair. There hasn't been a month gone by in the past several years when I haven't spent at least $100 at your store -- especially since you planted a Super Target just a few miles from my home. Oh, how I loved to look up and down the aisles for hats, lip gloss, chocolate croissants, frozen appetizers, door wreaths, candles, birthday cards, bird seed and the occasional -- OK, frequent -- fancy chocolate bar of your store. Your perky, mod-y commercials and the pronunciation of Tar-zhay made you even more appealing.

So it was natural that I would create a Target Baby Registry when I found out I was expecting. My family and friends far and wide would then be able to either buy a gift for Flybaby in the store or online. Perfect!

Except it's not perfect anymore.

It's not anything anymore!

I'm leaving you!

You killed my baby registry without a notice. No warning. I thought ... I thought you cared.

Now all those hyper-gaga-over-my-baby relatives won't know what was left on my registry as gift ideas for Christmas. Heck, I don't even remember what was left on my registry.

If you had just. Given me a little time. Given me a warning. I could have created a wish list of those items leftover from the baby showers so I would remember what the heck I wanted and needed for my baby.

And you? Congratulations, because you have lost out on sales. Including a big-ticket stroller that hyper-gaga relatives would have bought for my baby.

At least Babies R Us has had the decency to keep my baby registry around for more than 90 days after Flybaby's due date. And you can bet your sweet little round circle-in-a-circle logo that those family and friends will be heading over there instead to buy those leftover baby registry items. Because they know how to do things right.

So, goodbye, Target. If I have another baby, you won't be seeing me make the same mistake twice. I mean it! I've fallen into the arms of another store. It's not me. It's you.

Sincerely,
Yours Truly,
Regards,
Damselfly

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Target is such a fool! I haven't been with Target in a month! Ever since someone said his real name was pronounced Tar gaay I felt I was duped...

I might still go back as there's something magnetic about the place...hmmm sorry it didn't work out...
this time...:)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

90 days? Are they crazy? I guess so. Good to know!

3:08 PM  
Blogger The Queen B said...

No matter how hurtful Target can be, I still go back for more!!

3:24 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Oh Dear !
A bit of warning would have been nice .. :(

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rylan's 8 months old and our babies r us registry is still there and being used for Christmas. Crappy business strategy!

8:04 PM  
Blogger L said...

The same thing happened to me. Oh! That is annoying.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Oh, no! Bad Target, bad, Target!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home